Long Tube Header Question

Phatford

Mar 22, 2004
Hey I am new here and actually I am writing for a friend. He has a 2001 Mustang GT w/ flows. he is wanting to get some headers but don't know which kind to get. any suggestions?

i've found: Mach and BBK. is there any others? which is the best for the buck or just plain THE BEST? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Phatford said:
Hey I am new here and actually I am writing for a friend. He has a 2001 Mustang GT w/ flows. he is wanting to get some headers but don't know which kind to get. any suggestions?

i've found: Mach and BBK. is there any others? which is the best for the buck or just plain THE BEST? Thanks for the help.

BBKs here , love them .

Just an FYI - you can't just buy longtube headers by themselves and install them. You will need a new mid-pipe as well. So the cost is really the headers + the mid-pipe.

MAC LT's are probably the best bang for the buck, especailly now that you can get them ceramic coated. Build quality can be hit or miss. I used MAC LT's, prochamber, and flowpath for a long time. The headers and prochamber fit perfectly but the c/b never did fit right. Currently I have a MAC catted h-pipe with flowpath c/b. The h-pipe fits great, but I STILL can't get the c/b to fit. The driver side pipe hangs about 2-3" lower than the passenger side.
Overall, I would reccomend MAC LT's and h-pipes. Not so sure about the c/b - it sounds awesome, but might or might not fit well.

The best ? Powerwise I believe are the Kooks, but I can't imagine how much better thay can be over my Jet Hots.

see sig for video -

To do it again I'd pribably do BBK's for cost plus my Jet Hots leak in the slip fit section, and I can not find a way to fix it. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to pull ythe drivers side off again :bang: Maybe I'll just wait another year untill I pull my engine anyway. The BBK's will require removal of a header when you have to pull the transmission such as to change the cluthch, and I don't think BBK fits autos - My power increase / sound is awesome. Besides stupid exhaust leak all is great. Yeah kinda pricey my route -

hey thanks yall. I am talking him into either the mac's or the bbk. most likely he will get the mac's because of price. do they sell them uncoated? because he will more than likely just send them to jet hot for coating.

who has the best price for the headers? do the sponsors ever have a group discount? anyways thanks again for all the replies.

Randy

I second the quality being hit & miss. I have to box up my pass-side header tomorrow and send it back. One of the tubes was WAY off and would have required almost collapsing one of the tubes to make it fit around the starter. That same tube also didn't line up with the studs without prying it up to fit. The driver's-side was OK.