Longtubes for Gt40p, and TKO?

Mean88

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
I was told I need aod longtubes to fit around my tko. Is this correct? Also, I am running Gt40p heads. I know that mac 1/5/8 longtubes will work, but are there any other longtubes that will work? Thanks
Ted

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't heard about any other brand of longtube interfearing with the TKO, only with the auto's. If you have the lakewook bell housing, you may have problems, at least that is what I heard. I recoment BBK personally.

hey mean88 how you like the gt40p heads i also have a tko and p heads but not installed yet just curiuos how they perform. i dont see any problem with running those headers like 9omustanggt said aslong as you are not useing a lakewood bell.

I really like the heads alot. With mild bowl work, my full wieght gt pulled 105.06 on sticky drag radials. My car screams! I have them off now, and I am fully porting them out. The TKO is the best transmission that I have ever shifted. I have a pro 5.0 shifter, damn you will not be dissapointed with this transmission! If you have any questions about either, dont be afraid to ask. I have researched the heads alot, and I have some really good info on porting them.

As for my situation, you are saying that I need aod headers right? I ve heard that bbk headers work with p heads, anyone else know differently? Thanks Ted

I would try mocking them up first bolt up your bellhousing set one of your heads on and try bolting up the headers i would try the starter side with starter installed first. before you buy somthing you dont need i dont have a bell for mine yet but i have heard lakewoods fit poor and are bulky. any info you can provide about port work for the p-heads would be great also cam and rocker combo. good luck jeff

I am running a crower #511 cam .500/.520 lift w/my crane energizer 1.7's and 218/224 duration @ .50 lift. The car has torque up the a$$, and pulls hard to 6K. As for port work, I have been using the information that I have obtained from http://www.cmc.net/~xero/Mousesporting.html They have alot of good porting information, and links to other great sites. I have been using thier information to port mine.
Thanks for your advise,
Ted