looking at exhaust need help!!!

putnam88

Aug 2, 2006
tavares
i have been looking for and exhaust system for my car and well i can find plenty of h pipes that are 2.5 and i am looking for 3 in can any one help me and or give me info on what u think would be best

• Sponsors (?)

summit has a 3" flomaster kit with a 3" scavenger middlr pipe 3"muffs and 3"tails but its like $550 plus shipping...
MAC offers a 3" pro-chamber and 3" cat back with 3.5
" tails...flomaster probably be the best bang for the buck and i think it will be louder too.. i only have 2.5" pro-chamber with 40' flows 3" dumps and its nice deep and throaty

go 2.5, itll be a while before all that happens, and the velocity lost will be VERY noticible, especially down low. Get the parts you want, and when the time comes IF you need a 3" exhaust, sell the parts you have.

i can tell you right now if you are planning on doing a 347 and doing any kind of suspension work out back, i.e. lowering it or putting on a panhard bar, you can only run dumps with the 3" kit, i bought the 3" flowmaster kit from summit, with hooker super comp shorties and i made dumps for it b4 the axle, so if you are doind suspension work too, then just get you some 3" LTs or 3" shorties a Xor H pipe and some flows and dump em, any muffler shop can get you 3" cans, but i can tell you knwo that 3" flow kit doesnt let you hear yourself think under 1400 RPMs the thing is f*n loud, sounds awesome if your arent in the car though,, bought some cheap 3" summit turbo mufflers im putting on then dumping it again,, take my advice get you 3" collector shorties, and x or h pipe, and 3" turbo mufflers,, save yourself the money esp if you have this as a DD, my $0.02