Looking for some imput on an engine build.. sorry very long winded

Camman

Founding Member
Jan 5, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I have whiplash and I got to thinking while im stuck inside unable to lift a damn thing. So if you remember my freeze plugs are all leaking so I have to pull the motor in my 89. I really really dont want to pull the motor and not upgrade it. I have a brand new 302 block from summit that I bought about 9 years ago now lol... they were like hurry up there gonna be gone soon. I also have a stock rotating assembly(forged). I had planned on using these for the 65 but that one is gone so...

What I first planned on doing was getting a set of gt40p's and an explorer intake. Then I was gonna buy some headers and yada yada. So after a couple more days looking through ebay and some classifieds for some used stuff, I realized I might as well just buy new stuff. So then I started looking and got the funds for a tfs kit. So then I was pricing bare heads and the components to build them. So I figured I could just squeak by with a custom cam, trick flo heads, and a streat or track heat intake. Then It just hit me like a ton of bricks that my stock maf and injectors probably wouldnt be able to support this new engine... so now I am back to the 40p's i guess...

So I was just gonna pull my motor and do a quickie rebuild on the bottom end, but then I remembered about the block and internals that i have. now, I need to get this car up and running within soon.

So here are some questions. Would it hurt anything to run the trick flow heads with stock rockers? Would it hurt the engine to run with the stock injectors and maf? I would buy these things as soon as I could, ie I could afford a new piece every 2 weeks or so. If you guys were in my shoes what would you do? I need to have a reliable car as it is my DD. Thanks... bored and cant work on the car crapola

• Sponsors (?)