looking to swap a 5.0 EFI/T-5 trans into my 68 Fastback....

tamadrummer88

Aug 19, 2005
Aloha State
there is a ton of info about this swap on the classic forums, just thought'd i try here.

I found a T-5/ 5.0 EFI motor combo out of a 95 cobra. I wanna try and swap it into my 68 mustang fastback, but am kinda sketchy on how go go about it.

First off, is this one of the better motors out of the 5.0 series? I know there are the 87-93 5.0's, but im not looking to make big power, just a nicely mildy modified 5.0 that good for daily driving.

I looked at www.fordfuelinjection.com, and found that they do sell a wiring harness that is made for the 64-70 mustangs. does this harness have everything I need to do all the wiring, or should i cut up the stock harness and adapt that into my car? I can get the whole motor and trans complete with wiring harness and ECU for 600. the motor has 77k miles, and still looks good. So, what else would i need to make this motor work into my 68? I already have the clutch setup figured out, as im going with a Hydraulic setup. Maybe while im at the junkyard ill go look for a booster and MC out of a fox body mustang.

Sorry if these questions or this topic has been covered already.:flag: I will greatly appreciate all responses.

John

• Sponsors (?)

Painless makes the best engine harness. The 94-95 5.0 isn't your best choice but it will do. Scott Drake sells pretty much all the transmission conversion stuff, like the tranny crossmember, and there's a place in Apple Valley CA called Windsor Fox that has been doing those conversions for many years. Google Winsor-Fox and you should be able to find their website. It's a really easy conversion.

I was thinking maybe I should just pull the intakes and all the other stuff needed instead of just dropping in the whole motor, since I already have a 302 in my car, which is a 5.0 what should i pull from the motor to complete the conversion? I was looking at the harness from www.fordfuelinjection.com is that a good harness for the conversion? I might take a trip to the junkyard tomorrow to go see what I can pull from that motor.

John