Low compression on 3 cylinders!!!HELP!!!

I was a service manager, tech and service writer a local chain mechanic shop and at a dealer. I would see several times where the 3rd party warranty would fall through on their claims or have the customer "bargain" with them on splitting the bill, even though the customer had written proof that the company would pay upfront and out right rather than the customer pay and be reimbursed. Sometimes things were resolved there in the shop, sometimes the customer car would sit there for a week or more while we waited on the warranty company to pay up.

• Sponsors (?)

i hope you didnt pay too much for that warranty, i remember when i bought my car they wanted to give me a warranty for like almost 7k if i remember correctly. i mean are they serious?!?! i could almost buy a another car for that LOL

Guess it all depends on the warranty company....I just brought my car home today. I needed to have a rebuild done to the rear-end on my 99 GT. The shop handled all the calls to the warranty company etc...no issues. I just had to pay my deductible + tax etc...I was worrying about it before-hand, but it all worked out great. :nice:

Let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks for the reply. That makes my situation sound promising, but I think my rebuild will cost a bit more....

I was a service manager, tech and service writer a local chain mechanic shop and at a dealer. I would see several times where the 3rd party warranty would fall through on their claims or have the customer "bargain" with them on splitting the bill, even though the customer had written proof that the company would pay upfront and out right rather than the customer pay and be reimbursed. Sometimes things were resolved there in the shop, sometimes the customer car would sit there for a week or more while we waited on the warranty company to pay up.

I hope I don't end up in a situation like that. I know 1 thing, the shop will NOT have authorization to do any thing other than a compression/leakdown test at first. Once they see the same results I did, & notify the warranty company, I hope they don't make them do a tear down to find the root of the problem. Hopefully they let them just replace the heads or long block....

We will see what happens i guess...

i hope you didnt pay too much for that warranty, i remember when i bought my car they wanted to give me a warranty for like almost 7k if i remember correctly. i mean are they serious?!?! i could almost buy a another car for that LOL

The warranty was financed into my car loan, & was A LOT less than $7k.

Back from the dead...

My mechanic finally got the motor pulled out & the head off. What he found was that on the #8 cylinder, 1 of the intake valves has a small crack, & 1 intake valve on the #5 & #6 cylinder had slight damage as well. He will be recommending to the insurance company to buy a new cylinder head for the driver side, but using the money to rebuild both heads instead... I will keep you guys posted on the results when I find out more info...