mac or steeda c/c kit?

ironmedic

Mar 18, 2003
Puyallup, WA
im looking into a coil over setup for my stang with some lakewood 70/30's in the front and 50/50's in the rear. i have found the a setup and i was wondering which c/c plates should i get? mac or steeda from 50resto or do you guys recommend another plate from someone else?

• Sponsors (?)

Steer away from MAC when at all possible. The only good thing I have heard of them is the Pro-chamber. I had the MAC CAI, traded it for the MAC shifter, looking to trade again.

5.0StangRacer said:
go with Steeda over Mac if those are your options....

I agree with that, I run the J&M plates with no issues www.hotpart.com basically identical to the Pro3i plates. The new UPR plates are very nice and actually do not let the strut sit as high so it will give you a little more drop out.. PERKS can get them for a good price, and they are approved for use with coil overs (link in my sig)

Hotchkins cc plates are pretty nice. they are about 229 i think. my friend had a 93 cobra with about the same setup and thats was he was putting on his. and it is a serious car its got a dss 306 stroker with msd ig. and a powerdyne super on it. its about 475 at rear wheels.

From what I've heard,read and seen you'll wanna use a solid bushing mount Caster/Camber plate with a front coilover set-up and Not one with a poly type bushing. The Hotchins use a poly and I haven't heard of SouthSide making a C/C plate but I'm still using their LCA's... :D

Tater :)

I am personally dumping my MAC C/C plates in a few weeks as they are junk mine actually bent. I have nothing to compare em too but I can say they are thin as crap it looks like you have a solid 1/2 " block of billet when in reality you have like 1/4" after the machining. I am going w/ MM plates. Live and learn. Like 90GT said steer away if possible. And w/a Coil over you need a plate set up that can handle a coil over set up which I know MM can handle.