MAC Throttle Bodies (?)

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe he had good luck with the T/B, but most of MAC's products aren't worth it. The only MAC item that I would buy is thier cat-back, which sounds nasty. Thier throttle-bodies stick(read the parts reviews on Stangnet if you don't believe me), thier headers arent worth it because they have single flanges(warp really bad, MAC long tubes usually don't fit right) thier girdles crack, and the C/A intakes don't add much HP. The only good products from them I've dealt w/ are the shifter and catback. Stay away from the T/B and get an accufab, holley, or BBK

I have a Mac catback, Mac 1 5/8 unequal length shorty headers, and Mac white face gauges. I have had no complaints from any of them.

About the headers, I bought them used with 140,000 miles on them. I had NO problems what so ever with install. They bolted up as easy as my stockers.

As far as the throttle body goes, the only problem I have heard from them is that they tend to whistle.

Come on, they can't be THAT bad can they? I've heard many people like the prochambers and other of their products. However, I have also heard that the Mac TB's whistle loud, but I don't know from experience.

Prochambers sound nasty, as well as the catback, even though my buddy who has a 98 ordered a prochamber and it did't have hangers? I saw it, I was there when he got it. Anyways, I'm just tellin you from my experiences and what I've heard.(Really. go check MAC's header and throttle body reviews) Thier xhaust coating isn't worth dik either, but it's cheap perfomance parts so if you don't mind running into problems and frustration, then go for it.

LT1Killa said:
Come on, they can't be THAT bad can they? I've heard many people like the prochambers and other of their products. However, I have also heard that the Mac TB's whistle loud, but I don't know from experience.

hey my $270 accufab t-body whistles also, and i love my prochamber. I also bought 2 sets of headers from mac and had no problems, but there are better designs like stated the individual flages make the headers warp easier.