Mad as heck.... '87 won't start... Again!

87LX2.3

Apr 23, 2009
Central Iowa
You guessed it....

If you're reading this, you are reading yet another post about my miserable $300 Mustang.

Today:
Got home from school, decided to take Mustang to auto parts store to do in-car alternator check. As always, you have to jumpstart it, because the battery will have died since the last time I drove it. So, I get it hooked up to my other car, climb in, and (most of you can guess what happens next) it wouldn't start! I checked for fuel (yes), spark (yes), and that all the hoses/lines were hooked up (yes). I let it sit there a while to let the battery charge using my other car. Climbed in again and, no start. Same as always, the darn thing cranks over perfectly.

If I haven't already taken your ideas, I would love to hear from you as to what you think the problem is with my car. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

naw

the coil is on the strut tower on the driver side there is a pip ( profile ignition pickup) inside the distributor that works in conjunction with the tfi. just swap out the whole distrbutor i have never had any luck trying to pull them apart to replace it. the computer is a possibility that should be easy to find.