Mallory VI-A Hy-Fire CD Ignition

• Sponsors (?)

Nope..wont work. If you read the description, it says it replaces the competitors 6A box. That's MSD's ignition box for distributor-driven stangs. If you MUST have a new ign box, you are stuck with the expensive MSD DIS-4 box or the Jacobs Mileage Master box. Both of which are considerably more expensive than the 6A or 6AL series boxes used on 5.0 Mustangs.

Yes, the ones I listed above. The Jacobs DIS or the MSD DIS-4 boxes are whats compatible for your car, but speaking from experience, I'd advise you to use your money elsewhere. Unless you are making some serious power, the ign is a waste for what it costs. The stock ign system works just fine. I'm not even running an aftermarket box on my Vortech setup.

I would say in this order due to price and performance:
CAI ~5rwhp, I hear they are cheap on ebay
UD pulley ~8rwhp, 99+ about $190 with belt
Duals ~5rwhp, $200 if you get T/O GT duals cheap and pacesetter adapter
Custom SCT chip ~7-12rwhp with 93, $299, better auto trans shifting

Some may want to do gears and t-lok or stop and save up for a supercharger.

I got the cai, dueals, and the chip. thought about gears but i dont want to top out at 90mph. only thing on your list i havnt one is the UD pully.
Put and I guess i should be saving up for a supercharger

The diff is that the 99+ come with a new balancer as well since the 99+ stock unit is a one-piece setup. Thats also where the extra cost comes in. Yes, you will need the shorter belt b/c the crank pulley is smaller.

Justin00V6Auto said:
Those ignition boosters are pretty much a waste, several have seen them decrease power on V6s.

Same on the V8's.

Classic example of a magizine mod. Gets high reviews and dyno numbers ($ maybe because of influence $) in the magizine, and numerous people in real life test them out and find out its crap.