MARK 8 FAN preferred years????

justintx75

Dec 24, 2006
can someone explain to me the differences between the years and speeds--such as the 93-96's they spin slower so do they move less air or have a better pitch design so that it moves the same amount of air at a lower speed?

i heard that the 97-98 fans where made to run quiter-so is that why they spin faster do to blade pitch be less aggressive?????

to sum it up witch one is the better fan that cools the best?

part # is F3LY8C607A

93-96 use p/n F3LY 8C607 A @ 245.80
The 93-96 spin 1100 rpmson low and 1850 on highspeed.

97's use p/n F7LZ 8C607 AB @ 196.23
98's use p/n F8LZ 8C607 AA @ 140.11
The 97-98 spin 1800 on low and 2225 on high.

They all look the same, all come with a shroud. The 93-96 spin slower according to Ford Motorsport Tech line.

• Sponsors (?)

They are all superior to anything else there, so which you get doesn't particularly matter all that much. Either one would easily cool a powerful engine

But IIRC, the early fans were the better fan

They're supposed to all move the same air. The pitch is offset with the motor RPM, to supposedly equal things out.

Just FYI (for your information.. :D ),

Last time i went hunting for the Mark fans, i came across the 4.6 Thunderbird fans, which are physically identical to the Mark fan. The only difference between them is the motor...the Mark fan is a variable speed motor whereas the Tbird is a 2 speed like the Taurus fans are. I've had several Mark fans and i can guarantee you the Tbird fan puts out the exact same amount of air as the Mark fan...the only difference is that you get your choice of speeds. You could run it on low and still cool better than 99% of the other fans available out there. Considering how common the 4.6 Tbirds are vs. the Mark VIII...this in my opinion is something everyone should take notice of as they're super easy to find.