May be trading in the GT for a 99 Vette...Question

• Sponsors (?)

No, I don't think I'm ready to take it to the track yet. I will probably be taking it out to the 24/hr Starbucks on Sat though, if anyone else is planning on being out there. I haven't been out there in quite some time now.

Welcome to the FRC club. But good lord you need to get rid of those wagon wheels and those fugly body side moldings!

I want to get rid of that body side molding right away, I can't stand it. Is it like removing badging from the rear end, where I can slice it off and then just pull it off. Then I should be able to just clean up the residue and polish/wax where it was. What do you think?

Also, everyone keeps saying I have aftermarket exhaust, but I'm not so sure I do. It doesn't sound much louder than stock, and it's not too aggressive of an exhaust note. I've gotten down on the ground and checked out the mufflers/pipes many times and there are no names/brands on the mufflers or anything anywhere that says it's aftermarket. The tips are welded to the mufflers and looks totally stock, so I know someone didn't just toss in aftermarket tips.

I have no idea if it's stock or aftermarket at this point. :shrug:

So i didnt see it , and if you dont mind telling what did you give for it? Looks nice! Seen one yesturday go by my work black lowered with some bad ass wheels (black also) For a chevy i really like those styles and the 95ish bodies also. Maybe trade the 4 banger in on one but never the 93. peace

john:p

Well the stock exhaust has 4 tailpipes so if it looks like the 2 tips were welded together from 4 outlets then you may be right otherwise there are a few aftermarket exhaust that are really quiet. The best sound IMO that you will get will be from Borla Stingers or B&B bullets. If not you probably better start mixing oil with the gas because your car will sound like a motorboat with an exhaust like Corsa.

WTF!

I am in shock... Matt got an LS1!!!

Welcome to the dark side... ;) :nice:

No wonder I havn't seen your car in forever and a half.. wondered what happened... Court has a mustang just like your old one now and I kept thinking it was you....

Say hi to hazy for me...

Rob

It's funny you bought that car... my wife and I looked at it a few days before you bought it. And you are right, the car is in great shape.

When the salesman told me the price, I said "no thanks" and left. I have very little patience with salesmen/dealerships. I'm glad you were able to negotiate on the price though, because they were asking alot for it, even with the low miles. Have fun.

Hope it wasn't too much..I know of several in the teens with low miles these days... and I've seen more than a few Z-Ohs in the low 20s upper teens as well...
Would have picked up a C5 for 14K not to long ago if the baby wasn't on the way.. had to keep the back seats for a reason....

As far as the exhaust goes, it really looks like the tips are factory welded to the mufflers. If it is an aftermarket deal, it sure is quiet.

Rob-
Man, it's good to hear from ya. I hope things are going well. I could probably learn a TON off you about the LS1 motors and the cars in general. I know you've been around them a while. Wish I was still back home with you guys, still trying to get to know everyone up here. Bunch of great guys, and usually a bunch of us meet up at a Starbucks on Sat nights. I heard you purchased a car as well. 01' Z28 I'm guessing from your name here. How is it? Hey, feel free to give me a ring (299-4045) or shoot me an email([email protected]) anytime. :nice:

Dude not to rain on your parade but if you were to go on the forums you would see 02 Z06's go for the same with less than 30k on the clock. I got my 2000 FRC with 24k miles on it for less than that and it had a ton of mods already. I did drive down to Atlanta to get it though but as long as you like it, its all cool. If you're looking for a short throw shifter for it I have a hurst for sale send me a PM.

Quickshift_02GT said:
Rob-
Man, it's good to hear from ya. I hope things are going well. I could probably learn a TON off you about the LS1 motors and the cars in general. I know you've been around them a while. Wish I was still back home with you guys, still trying to get to know everyone up here. Bunch of great guys, and usually a bunch of us meet up at a Starbucks on Sat nights. I heard you purchased a car as well. 01' Z28 I'm guessing from your name here. How is it? Hey, feel free to give me a ring (299-4045) or shoot me an email([email protected]) anytime. :nice:

Yeah..small world sometimes...even when you are on the other side of the country..congrats on the job man.. glad to see someone leaving clinton and going places. :) I did get an 01 Z28.. M6.. Only ran it a couple times now..first pass was 13.5 @ 105mph 2.160ft.. best pass 13.4 @ 104mph (3200DA :( ) I ended up running at 12:30 on a nasty day in july :( .. Could potentially see a low 13 / high 12 if I get cool air and learn how to drive. LOL... No mods yet and trying to keep it that way for a little while.

Keep in touch and let me know how that beast runs for you. :cheers:

Don't think for a second I didn't appreciate any of the hard work and time you helped me put into that Mustang, not to mention the advice you gave me!

Now we have another car to tear apart, except I won't be selling this one off anytime soon...PROMISE! Also, don't forget my offer...if you ever need help with anything at all, give me a call man.

Hey, thinking about heading to PIR this weekend to give her a good run before I run out of chances this year...interested in heading out there with me Friday night?

:nice:

98Snakebite said:
Matt........After we slaved away on those brakes you just go and trade it in on a chebby no less. See if I help you put Cobra brakes on the Vette.:D

Ha. Looks nice man.:hail2: