Mice in my car!!!

2000 4.6

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2001
Northern VA
Okay, before I start my story...let me tell you first that I barely drive my car. So yesterday, I go to drive it (after about a week and a half) and I look in my back seat and notice that a tissue box I had back there was all chewed up and there was pieces of tissue all over my floor board and back seat. I looked all over (including in my engine bay) and saw no signs of them being around. I know mice can get in even the smallest spaces so I am assuming they either got in through my firewall or door or something. I know that this time of year, they are searching for places to nest for the winter. Anybody know of any home remedies to keep these bastards out?
:mad: :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

Just make sure wherever you park it you put alot of poison and traps down. I use little bags of poison and I put them along all of the walls in my shop as well as glue traps. Also dont leave any trash or food laying around.

A show on SpeedTV suggested using bars (Irish Spring) of soap around the tires and under the hood when storing a car for the winter to keep the mice away. Just make sure you remove them before starting your stang up. :D

I put my 03 Pony away for the winter and no mice yet. :nice:

I tried mothballs in my shed and it didn't work for mice either. To get rid of the ones you have, visit a pet store and get glue traps. Open them and place them on the rear floorboard. Those mice could actually be living in the rear seat apolstery!

mrvax said:
I tried mothballs in my shed and it didn't work for mice either. To get rid of the ones you have, visit a pet store and get glue traps. Open them and place them on the rear floorboard. Those mice could actually be living in the rear seat apolstery!

oh mice inside the upholstery would be lovely, just what you need yet another squeek everytime you get in the car!

Okay, thats it....I am going to set traps. Those bastards are not going to be living in my opholstery!! They are all going to DIE!!!

I hate mice! It's not like I live in the boonies either. Don't understand why they are attracted to my car.

tarch at school said:
try closing your doors and windows... personally i don't see how the mice can get in through the firewall... unless you drilled holes in it

Dude, mice can get in anywhere! How do you think they get in people's houses? They can maneuver there bodies to fit throught the smallest cracks...just like squirels. You ever see a squirel go through a chain link fence? It's actually kind of amazing.

They should still all die though!!!
:mad:

tarch at school said:
but there are no holes that are just left open on the firewall... unless there are on the passenger side or something

A mouse can get through a hole as small as a dime. There are vents in the trunk behind the bumper cover and that is most likely where it got in.

heelz19 said:
ive used mothballs around my cars for two winters and havent had any signs of mice and i live in the boonies. There are mice everywhere else but in or around my car....

Matt

Our mice here in Canada are a lot tougher than the little wimpy ones you guys have in the US. They can wade through a knee high pile of mothballs, without even flinching. :bang: :D