Might Trade Vette for Turbo Saleen, Opinions..

Ok guys, I know most of you have seen my vette on here. I'll post up the info in a sec..... Sorry for the novel.....

I have a trade offer for it. My main motiviation has been the fact that this vette is in Palm Springs CA and it's literally year round vert weather. It is an FRC and not having a vert or targa is just killing me. That's pretty much it. We're getting really close and I'd like some 3rd party opinions. I posted on my vette sight but I'm expecting alot of "it's just a mustang" type stuff. I'm really looking for any objective opinion on anything you guys can offer. If I'm nuts for trading the vette please tell me, you think the value is way different, let me know.....I'd appreciate any comments...

Value? being realistic my vette is worth just north of 25k on a sale in this market. I think the stang is close.

Speed? My vette is about 520rwhp 518rwtq (NA car has a huge 400hp Nitrous system but for this comparison I guess forget about that) and the stang is about 591rwhp. I think the vette will probably be quicker than the stang because it's a lighter car...am I wrong?

Looks? Objective, I think my vette looks nicer

Handling? (this is my biggest concern) I drive all in the mountains. Granted I'm not pushing the limits and trying to kill myself .... I do drive quickly and really enjoy the handling of the vette. I don't expect the saleen to handle as well as the vette but do you guys think it will be at least be close? My vette has all stock z06 stuff on it and it literally handles like it's on rails.

Both cars are fully built with all supporting mods with low low miles since the mods so that's pretty much a even steven there....(though the vette has more $$ in mods)

Here's the stang.... WTT: 2000 Saleen S281 vert, 42K, Fully Built, Turbo, 6spd, etc... - SVTPerformance

I have a few questions about it that maybe you guys can help with. This is something I really have to know guys so please chime in if you can help. I've never had a turbo car, ever. I was hoping for something with a little more power than this thing is making now. But I was thinking I could add a meth kit and be able to run a bunch more boost safely than this guy is. If I did that you guys have any clue whatsoever what power this thing could be making? Also, is this a good turbo set up? I really don't know what's good and what isn't.

I know you guys have seen it, but I'm going to post this. Please please, I'm not doing this just to link up something to my ad for exposure...so please don't flame me thinking this is a classified.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/824112-wtt-900-rwhp-c5-frc-vette.html

• Sponsors (?)

meh, keep the Vette or get yourself an 03-04 Cobra. That car is 10 years old and at the end of the day it's just a 2V Mustang. The Corvette probably feels much more refined and likely handles better.

Plus I think this car hobby is kind of strange. We enthusiasts love to dream up ways to make our cars faster, handle and stop better, look better, etc... eventually when we've dumped tons of money into them there isn't much left to do and we get bored. Could explain why this person wants to sell it.

If I were in your predicament and really wanted an affordable fast convertable, I'd sell the Vette and find a nice low mileage unmolested 03-04 Cobra convertable.

well guys, I've been getting the same responses everywhere ....u should see the responses on the vet forum :( .....and I wrote the guy and told him I'm not going to do it. I know my vette is alot more car in most every aspect but the lure to a convertible had me thinking about it.

Out of curiosity why do you guys look down on turbo stangs so much? I only have blower experience so I don't have a clue. I'm guessing you guys think they're problematic? I just know from some of the posts I've read of the owners of turbo stangs they love the power.....what's the deal

Turbo Stangs are great if you know where all the parts are from. Buying a heavily modded car though is always a risk and if you know what you have is a bad ass and runs right then I wouldnt go trade it for someone elses miss match parts setup.

There are a couple turbod Stangs on here I would buy because I watched the build and know their owners knew what they were doing. But to trade someone you dont know is just asking for trouble.

That being said a positive displacement blown Mustang is way more fun on the street. Look for a Cobra vert that has the basic mods. Smaller pulley, exhaust, tune and sub frame connectors. :nice:

hmmmmm tuff call..... I love both cars and one day I will have both a Saleen, and a modded c5 in my drive way :) If the Saleen was built properly and it is REAL lol. It might be a decent trade but then again i have a sore spot for saleens.

Once you go turbo, you'll never go back:rolleyes: My turbo stang is my DD and love every minute I drive it. With any used car there is always risks, just do your homework before you buy any car modded or not

Out of curiosity why do you guys look down on turbo stangs so much? I only have blower experience so I don't have a clue. I'm guessing you guys think they're problematic? I just know from some of the posts I've read of the owners of turbo stangs they love the power.....what's the deal

just to put this out there, I see alot of blowers making @ 12lbs of boost what im making @ 9lbs. It gets great gas mileage (for a 400-500rwhp car) avg.22-24 mixed driving.

Ive talked to this guy about several of his vehicles. You should have saw the Sonic Blue Kenne Bell car he had for sale for a while...it was amazing. Anyways, the guy is very trust worthy, only deals with the best of the best parts when he puts a vehicle together.

when your 20 years old you think modded cars are worth thier weight in gold. When you get older and buy and sell more cars you realize that cars in stock form or close to it hold value and can be sold very easly.

your vette is always worth X because its near stock, that mustang is only worth what a chopped up 99 saleen is worth.

when your 20 years old you think modded cars are worth thier weight in gold. When you get older and buy and sell more cars you realize that cars in stock form or close to it hold value and can be sold very easly.

your vette is always worth X because its near stock, that mustang is only worth what a chopped up 99 saleen is worth.

that vette aint stock lol..

i agree, keep the vette, or buy a completely stock cobra and turbo it..

Your stroker is faster than a 2v turbo with those power levels, especially over 100mph. Your car can do 180mph plus with the gearing on the mn6 tranny and that motor, and will outhandle it in everyway. Plus, you are giving up one of the most wanted colors ever produced, and especially in the FRC.

I'd keep the vette, sale your 2v mustang and get a 4v convertable mustang.