MINOR EMERGENCY

nancegt350

Sep 22, 2006
I was just in the process of putting my stripes from BSM on. Well, I walked back for one second after sitting them on the hood just to look at them and the wind blew one off into a puddle of water from where I had just washed the car. So now the back of one of them is soaked (they still had the backing paper on them) WHAT DO I DO? I have them in the sun at the moment drying.

• Sponsors (?)

i think you will be ok. i have never installed a vinyl stripe, but have done all the decals on cars. you need the stripe wet anyway. as long as the backing paper comes off of the stripe easily you will be fine. i always spray the paper down with the solution anyway to prevent it from sticking to the decals as i separate them.

I think so. I put the stripes out in the sun (I think our temp was around 75 today) and let them dry and they're a little wrinkled on the paper - but I think they'll straighten once laid on the car. On that note, after I called my wife cussing about it, she decided we just needed to pay someone (before she insisted that I could do it, and not wanting to be shown up, I said "of course I can") So...come Monday It'll be going in to have those put on. AND to make things worse my C&L intake and Tuner from Brenspeed came in today... in the process of installing, I went to mount the air sensor into the new mass airflow housing and the heads twisted off the screws!!!!:bang: So, I'm calling Brenspeed to see what they can do Monday, I hope they can just send me a new MAF and not have to ship the whole kit back. BUT on a lighter note, turns out after a little research I discovered C&L are actually in Huntsville, AL which is about an hour from me...so I'm going to call them Monday and see if I can just drive up there and swap them part for part as it's a brand new kit and the screws didn't make it half way down before breaking (and no I didn't cross thread them) - so it had to be a machining issue. I did also get my IMCO's installed and let me tell you - they sound AWESOME. BUT........I've got a vibration in the rear - I don't know if it was the license plate that was in the trunk (I just hadn't put in on yet) or if I've got the exhaust barely touching something in the rear OR if something is just reacting to the intonations of the lower exhaust tone ... like the something that's in my front dash :bang: :bang: :bang: So ... I've had a rough weekend. I'm not incompetent ... atleast not if you don't ask my wife ... It's just having a tough run of luck. I'm going to wait til tomorrow and see if I can fix the exhaust issue, and Monday fix the rest. All wish me luck.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the C&L kit is supposed to come with it's own screws for the MAF.

Regarding the stripes, make sure the backing paper is completely dry before trying to remove the stripes from it. Otherwise, it is a COMPLETE PITA to get it off the stripes- trust me, I know.

Good luck!

tom281 said:
I think I remember reading somewhere that the C&L kit is supposed to come with it's own screws for the MAF.

Regarding the stripes, make sure the backing paper is completely dry before trying to remove the stripes from it. Otherwise, it is a COMPLETE PITA to get it off the stripes- trust me, I know.

Good luck!
My C&L "Street" MAf housing took the factory Ford screws and went in easy by hand.