Minor oil leak~!~

Sep 24, 2006
Michigan insane asylum
i just bought this car 2 months ago and discoverd a minor oil leak.. under the hood in the vary back there is 3 hoses they look like windsheild whiper hoese but they have oil in them.. there is a "" T "" where the 3 meet, i noticed the leak when i poped the hood, there is a splash of oil and i tryed squeezing them back in real tight and its still there.. i whip it off and its like every 3 or so days it comes back is there somthing i can seal it with or do i have to replace them? its real small but i think its cuz i am anal about under the hood apperances..:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talkin about the PCV hoses? More specific info about the location of said hoses and where they go will help.

Good luck.

they set right behing the holly intake system i cant tell where they go right now its to dark the "T" connector is more towards the driver side close the the windshild when i say back of the motor.. its high up cuz the leak happens when im driving and gets on the bottom of the hood i hope this helps is this betteR? ?

I'm here but I dont run a Holley intake so I'm not sure how the lines are re-routed/resourced.

In the daylight, look for an end going to the PCV valve - that'd be a clue.

Otherwise, others can help ya better than I can. It sounds PCVish to me, but that's purely a guess.

Good luck.

yeah it wasnt exactly the pcv, it was a "T" connector that has 3 hoses and thats where they meet.. i pushed them togeather buy hand as hard as i could then sprayed a lil loc tight on it just for insurance... then i drove it 2 days in a row and nothing is leaking at all... thanks hissin

hey hissin.. if your still here or if anyone can help look at this ... i got another question and i dont want to open another thread for it either... i live in michigan and the winters are horrible-- im gonna garage my car but what do you recomend i should do about all the fluids b4 and after the winter? <-- thats the question heres what ive heard... change the oil b4 you store it.. then change everything when you pull it out.. is that true or what do you recommend i do ?

I know the Tee fitting your describing. That junction on both 5.0s here is poopy. I should redo it.

It's been some time since I winterized a car (we did in Alaska, but not in the desert now. It was 97* today. :D ).

I would change the oil and filter before you store it. Add fuel stabilizer (if your stabilizer is older than two years old, get new stuff. It has a shelf life). Fill the tank up too.
In the spring you will want to change the oil and filter again, like you said.

I suppose the rest will depend upon where the car is stored and if you're going to start it up occasionally. Some folks who dont start the car up will seal tailpipes and all that kinda thing.

The guys in the cold will have a ton of ideas for you. If there's not good info on older threads, you really could start a new thread for this - winterizing is going to be on a lot of peoples' minds real quick here (my bud in Michigan said there's a freeze warning tonight).

Good luck.

yeah we got frost this moring and its a beautiful day..its only 60 now but it was 71 yesterday so you can tell its getting colder.. kinda sucks for me because i just bought the car, im not looking forward to storing it.. but i try to think about next spring ill get a full year with it..lol i wish it stayed 85 and up all year here.. but it just dont..