Mod ?'s, pics, new guy

ReedGT

Jul 4, 2009
Hey guy's, Just bought a 2007 mustang GT.....Pic's of it below....Just put on a coat of meguiars nxt tech wax before taking the pics, Finished right befor it started to rain which sucks

I'd like everyones opinions for mods, Plus would like to know which would be my best bet reliability wise as my stang will be my daily driver even in winter.

I've never had a custom tune before, So as im new to this is it safe for my stang? my buddy said the motor is pretty much bullet proof so a little tune wont even touch what i can really do to it. Stupid question i know, but like i said, very new to any mods such as this....So here's my options and i'd love your opinions

Buddy told me about JMS performance....Here are some of the packages they offer

JMS Chip & Performance Center

And of course i've heard ALOT about BamaChip's. He also has some CAI and custom tune packages on his site as well, So out of those 2 which would you guys suggest? As far as tuner and Packages they offer.....

Next is exhaust, I've heard good stuff about pypes....What does everyone have and what would you suggest on that?

I appreciate any help you guys can lend me, I hope to learn alot here from you all and look forward to turning my stang into a fun and fast daily driver. All the mods are going to be done within the next 2months, and some right away, I think i'm going to do exhaust first, Then do the CAI and tune or a JSM package. And this winter i'm putting some blizzak or other suggested winter tires on stock rims, and buying some nice Summer wheels, On my grabber orange though should i get a Chrome/Black chrome/or some kind of Gun metal colored rims, or black even...Thoughts? Happy 4th

/First strong post

/Lied
One more thing, those of you with race stripe package what do you use to give them a deep gloss or shine? I think its a vinyl stripe? I cant use my wax on it and i tried turtle wax ice but it left streaks on it so i had to go over it with a wet rag to smooth it out and clean it up. I was thinking of using this Trim Gell (Exterior Vinyl and Plastic)- a superior new look shine! anyonen ever use it or have a suggestion? Thanks! Now....

/Post

View attachment 252424
View attachment 252425
View attachment 252426
View attachment 252427
View attachment 252428

• Sponsors (?)

Good looking car. Make it look better by getting that dealer tag off the front.
I always tell my dealer that if he puts holes for such a plate on my car he is fixing them or I am not buying the car.

I'd say brenspeed and bamachips are the two most popular tuners, I personally have bamachips and have been very pleased with the tunes he's givin me. as far as what intake to go with, there are two biggies, C&L and JLT. I went with the JLT because it gives around the same hp as the C&L at a cheaper price.

oh and after that for exhaust well, mufflers really are personal preference, I went with FRPP stingers(again cuz theyre cheaper than the borlas:D)x pipes are more efficient than h pipes but I prefer the sound of an h pipe, and longtubes always give you more power than shortys. it really depends on what your goals are and how much money you want to spend. do some research and you'll find the system you want.