Monte Carlo SS

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
How fast are the new monte carol ss with the 303hp 5.3Lt V8? It says that the small block V8 cylinder heads were originally developed for the Corvette Z06. Their pent–roof combustion chambers and flat–top pistons deliver high horsepower. The composite intake manifold design allows the small block V8 to deliver high levels of torque at low– and mid–range engine speeds, while still delivering plenty of air flow for peak engine horsepower.

• Sponsors (?)

scupking said:
How fast are the new monte carol ss with the 303hp 5.3Lt V8? It says that the small block V8 cylinder heads were originally developed for the Corvette Z06. Their pent–roof combustion chambers and flat–top pistons deliver high horsepower. The composite intake manifold design allows the small block V8 to deliver high levels of torque at low– and mid–range engine speeds, while still delivering plenty of air flow for peak engine horsepower.
it gots the engine right but its front wheel drive, how gay is that:rlaugh:

i didnt even know that they had a new SS, are they already out?

5.3 v8? with a front wheel drive? seems weird.

i was going to say that the 5.3 seems like an odd engine size, but then i remembered that chevy made a 327 for the camaros back in the day so never mind...ehh its late. i think i need to get some sleep.

Chevy is applying SS to everything. Guess that's a good thing getting more and more performance minded manufacturers. I'd take that SS Trailblazer anyday! Its pretty sweet for an SUV....but can't hold it against the SRT Jeep.

DocG2828 said:
Chevy is applying SS to everything. Guess that's a good thing getting more and more performance minded manufacturers. I'd take that SS Trailblazer anyday! Its pretty sweet for an SUV....but can't hold it against the SRT Jeep.

yeah that little SS blazer has the LS-2 6.0L engine with 400ft/lbs of torque and 395 hp when i first read it i was like WTF!!!!!

03ghoststang said:
yeah that little SS blazer has the LS-2 6.0L engine with 400ft/lbs of torque and 395 hp when i first read it i was like WTF!!!!!

Cost a pretty penny...but I can have my speed, a family vehicle, and a tow vehicle all in one. Almost perfect. If only it had a built in strip club in the back. And they're not half bad looking for an SUV.

id imagine that they are pretty fast, but they do look like crap. dont they look the same as the v6 crap ones that have been out the last couple of years? once i think about those 6 cyl it ruins the looks for me.