More Progress Pics

Pics from my phone.

Just got my Holley intake, MSD6AL and Auto Meter Ultra Lite oil pressure guage. My exhaust is the issue. 1 3/4 ceramic coated long tubes for our cars is not easy to get.

enginebay.jpg

Holley.jpg

Attachments

• enginebay.jpg
    enginebay.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Holley.jpg
    Holley.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Sponsors (?)

I trust that you know what your talking about, my tuner (steve powertrain dynamics) wants me to get an rpmII, so i started looking into a ported rpm, I'm also putting nitros back on. The research I have done on this tells me to just port a regular rpm, it seems that the Tq, stays down low better and I would still get the top end I need. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

tmoss said:
If he still has it, I'd refund my modest porting fee if he would dyno both intakes and post up the results.

Ported RPM vs. Stock Holley? I would be willing to see that.

But ported RPM vs. Ported Holley wouldn't even be a race. How many EFI guys in NMRA (Renegade, Pure Street) AREN'T running a Holley.

This is kinda side tracking this thread, so I'll answer this and then we need to take this off line if you want more info - The RPMII has a larger cross section and longer runners which will tend to attempt to keep torque up in the lower-mid range BUT, one of my customers that ran AFR 165s and an E cam had a recommendation to switch from my ported Explorer to an RPMII - visit my website in the "photo section" - "dyno results" and look at the two dyno curves - he lost 6HP and 24lb-ft torque peaks but lost all the way below 5,300 rpm and the Explorer hung with the RPMII through 6,000 rpm.

If you use a shorter runner like an RPM, you will loose some torque down low but carry more in the mid and further up the rpm band. What rpm do you buzz this car to? If less than 6K, the stock lower with an RPM upper or even a ported lower stock upper Performer may be the best fit for average power under the curve (forget peak only numbers).

AFM steel chromed dipped valve covers. Green bought my Eddy RPM. He's selling is GT40.

Ok, so I layed the Holley intake on the motor today because I've heard that it would need a spacer. To my suprise I have a tad bit of clearance. I don't have the PCV nipple on it though.

Finally MAC shipped my entire exhaust system today. 1 3/4 ceramic LT's w/3 inch collector, 3 Inch Prochamber black coated, 3 Inch cat back black coated w/3 inch chrome tails.

Tom, I was orginally planning on you porting my lower to match the 185's but Green begged me for the RPM. Plus I get a massive discount at Summit through there dealer program.

Let us know how the holley lines up with the afr's.

I think the holley was the better choice but on your particular combo since you had said the camshaft was more on the mild side, the ported rpm would probably do better to 3000 rpm but the holley should beat it where it counts, after 3000 rpm. If the camshaft was more aggressive and designed around the holley, the holley would be better over all IMO.

Grn92LX said:
Let us know how the holley lines up with the afr's.

I think the holley was the better choice but on your particular combo since you had said the camshaft was more on the mild side, the ported rpm would probably do better to 3000 rpm but the holley should beat it where it counts, after 3000 rpm. If the camshaft was more aggressive and designed around the holley, the holley would be better over all IMO.

Everyone has an opinion but the proof's in the puddin Mike, and unfortunately we are not gonna make puddin this time.

Actually the Holley mates up to the AFR's a ton better then the Eddy lower. The intake ports don't even compare. The Holley is a better choice after working with both of them.

I layed everything on the motor to see if I would need a spacer and it doesn't look like I'll need it.

Motor.jpg

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 49