Moroso cold air intake vs. stock air box w/K&N

• Sponsors (?)

if you already have a k&n just stick with that the cai is really more of a looks thing, but it does make it easier to install a larger maf meter, but the power difference is little to none, but then again a little chrome under the hood never hurt anyone

DMAN302 said:
"ram air" is only effective when (and if) your travelling at a speed fast enough for there to be a "ram" effect...well past inner city speeds.

It's ram air effect is only a benefit over other cai systems. It's still a high-flowing filter system. Another thing, if that ram-air kit sucks **** up, isn't that what the filter's for?

I got a moroso cai dirt cheap so I put it on. No gains. The only reason I done it is for the K&N filter and to get my airbox out of the way. Made that section under the hood cleaner. Don't worry about having to cracking the lid anymore now that that pos is out of the way too.

hey chris i have my old march kit i will sell you for cheap, just needs a filter and its ready to go... i have no use for it its just collectiong dust in my basement

my89blubyu said:
Get a ram air kit..like March's kit it made a big difference in mine.
I've used the ram air kit before and I could have made much better use of that $125. Any advantage from the ram air affect was totally negated by the fact that the filter plugged up with leaves and anything else it wanted to suck up damn near daily. Save your money!

it just looks nice IMO...but if it wasnt there when i bought the car i wouldve K&N'd the stocker..

you can sort of see it..
573472_71_full.jpg

I heard the CAI kits with the steel tubing kill performance due to the steel tubing sucking up all the heat from the engine bay and in turn sucking in warmed air. I heard to stick with the stock plastic ducting.