Motor oil in my 03 CAI

rdmustangkid

May 5, 2003
Parkland, wa.
I was cleaning my air filter today and went to put it back in and found a little oil running out the bottom of the left throttle body plate. I opened up the tb by hand and bunch of oil ran out. I'm new to this sc game and this doesn't seem right. The only mod that I have done to the car is k&n filter and cut the air silencer down. Is there anyone out there that can give me an idea whats going on. Besides that it back to Ford, which I'm going to do if this is a serious problem. Uncle meat, somebody?????

• Sponsors (?)

rdmustangkid said:
I was cleaning my air filter today and went to put it back in and found a little oil running out the bottom of the left throttle body plate. I opened up the tb by hand and bunch of oil ran out. I'm new to this sc game and this doesn't seem right. The only mod that I have done to the car is k&n filter and cut the air silencer down. Is there anyone out there that can give me an idea whats going on. Besides that it back to Ford, which I'm going to do if this is a serious problem. Uncle meat, somebody?????

You opened up the butterflies on your throttle body and OIL LEAKED OUT!? This is not normal as far as I know. A small amount of oil or residue is normal. The breather in the passenger side valve cover will recirculate internal gasses back into the intake path (for emissions). It shouldn't be so much that it leaks out the TB when you crack open the butterflies! Might want to get that checked.

You also state you were cleaning your air filter when you noticed this... how often do you clean your K&N? You know, the more dirty the K&N is, the better it filters...really! If you have done this before (cleaned the filter) I'm also wondering if you are over-oiling the filter? Over oiling a K&N can cause excess residue to build up on the MAF sensor which will degrade performance and possibly skew MAF readings resulting in a richer or leaner A/F ratio.

U.M.

I learned my lesson on my wifes 94 cobra. This was a brand new K&n with about 5k on it when I cleaned it. What really bugged me is that it was running down into the CAI tube. Then I'm thinking MAS getting dirty? Here I go again! Thanks guys.