MOVED: Can you make A Mach 460 System into a 1000?

akflex5

Sep 5, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have a Mach 460 system right now and I was wondering if its possible or if anyone has converted the 460 into a 1000 system and how hard it would be if possible? I dont want to mess with getting a whole new system. I mainly just want the subs and amps from the 1000 to give my car some more beats. I hear its a real pain in the @** to change the Mach system with after market. Also, where would I get the conversion (kit?) or what have you to do this.

I've got a couple replies from 6 cylinder talk forum, but not much on the difficulty of the conversion from 460-1000 compared to the difficulty of conversion of 460-after market.

• Sponsors (?)

BBrinks said:
I don't think there's too much involved, but for the price you add in the mach 1000 components, you could just get an aftermarket system that will kill it. Check out this thread from a while back: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=387314

Nice Thread. Thats helpful for whenever I decide on what system I want to put in. I'll just get an after market system whenever I feel like putting out the money without feeling like i just wasted a $*** load of money. lol. Thanks for the help