Moving your fuel filler

As I continue my resto-mod (dumping money into an old car), I am thinking of moving my fuel filler/gas cap to the C-Pillar. Yes, I know it is Eleanor-like and I know how most feel about that car and the clones. However, I was wondering if anyone had done this switch, and how difficult is it to do this switch?

• Sponsors (?)

I personally haven't done the swap, thought I was thinking about it. I was going to use and Earl's aricraft style fuel filler door, then mount it on the top of the rear driverside fender (ala Dodge Charger). As far as I know the most difficult thing would be to bend a pipe of correct diameter to fit. After that your are looking at two rubber couplings and your set. I remember some people saying the laws of certain states forbid this, and it is possible that it could severly diminish your trunk space (sacrificed for simplicity of the pipe bends). I'd say lay it out how your want, with some wire and stuff and see how you like it.
The Swede

Mustang Depot sells a tubing kit (see picture) for $240. That part seems pretty straightforward. I am wondering about getting a hole in the c-pillar and mounting the filler cap to the body.

Illegal? That is hard to imagine except maybe California due to emssions.

check your local dot laws first. Would really suck if you did all that work and they wont let you pass vehicle inpsections. Some states do not allow any vehicle with a modified tank fill location to be used for street use unless its a cab and chassie truck. Just something to think about.