MRT H Pipe and Exhaust Leak

Gray02GT

Founding Member
Oct 9, 2002
Eaton, Colorado
So, I had the MRT H PIPE put on about 2 weeks ago and there was a ticking noise, with both the mechanic and MRT told me was probably pipe noise. Of course they never actually took a ride in the car to hear how loud it was.

Regardless, I took it to a muffler shop today just to have them test for a leak and see if they could fix it, and they said there is a 'wisp' coming from the exhaust manifold on the left (left if you were sitting in / standing behind the car.

They tightened things as tight as they could and the leak is still there as bad as ever, so my question is what do I do next? The guy at the muffler shop said perhaps I had a cracked exhaust manifold, but I had absolutely zero problems before the MRT Pipe.

I'm not quite sure what to do, I remmeber someone saying they had the same problem with the Magnaflow pipe and had to use bolts without stops or something, but I can't find that thread.

Any ideas? Im a mechanical retard (literally) so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

it is 7:30pm, cold out(35F), here I am trying to yet seal my X-pipe again... Darn passenger side mani connecter......

Driver side manuihold stud has this "sholder" i guess to say. Most people with leaky H or X pipe probrem is usually that. Flange will hit the sholder befor it pull both pipe enough to make good seal. I think fix is to replace the stud with one for Taurus or something like that. Do the serch. there was countless thread about this.

Good luck :nice: