Mustang = Destroyed

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, sadly it's mine.

Story is, driving the other night, raining out. Car 2 cars up from me was going to run through a yellow, but decided not to and very heavily braked. An RSX in front of me slammed on his brakes as well. Now, you guys are Mustang owners, you know our car will not brake like an RSX will. I tried to go around him to the left but absolutely could not risk taking me and my buddy into oncoming traffic. So, the end result, I hit his left rear.

It ended up bending his rear bumper in and off. I ended up with that barrel of damage. Sucky part is liability = out of my pocket for everything.

Right now I am driving with the headlights duct taped to the bumper support and no RH fender. Ah, most embarassing thing ever.

:(

Body shop will be taking a look tomorrow. Hopefully (pray for me) no frame damage.

No engine damage whatsoever. Pushed the radiator back about an inch, but only the support is messed up.

I guess I am pretty lucky the airbags didn't go off.

Man that sucks, the guy in the RSX should of been on your side that the other guy was going thru a stail then hevily got on the brakes when he should of continued thru. If that was here it probaly would of been a 30/60 case as in 60 your fault 30 the ass that braked for the light.

But what im thinking is if the light is yellow and there are two cars ahead why did you not slow down? Dont take this the wrong way just cerious.

Ya, I know I am most at fault. Not looking up the road. I was in a campus area. People everywhere, raining out. Basically a split second too late on realizing the situation, and I am paying for it now big time.

Kevin R. said:
Sucky part is liability = out of my pocket for everything.

i hear ya man, i got forced off the road 2 years ago by some bitch and my quarter panel got banged in by a telephone pole. she never stopped and my fuel pump kill switch prevented me from going after her. i havnt fixed it yet. I feel ya pain:(

2061273_11_full.jpg

more emberassing than driving around like that?

Ouch! :( So sorry to hear that Kevin. Payin' out the pocket really sucks, too. Glad ya'll are okay, though.

EDIT: Oh yeah .... I have my stock headlights & corners if you need some. Just 400, 800, 1000, & 2,000 wet-sanded and polished them today. Have brand new bulbs in them. If you'll give me a little bit, you can take my bumper off my hands, too. Get it all cheap ... I'll need it outta my way anyway. I just need to get my new one painted first. Send me a PM if interested.

Did anything else happen to it besides body damage? Because I went through this in Sept. Same type of accident and everything, but my airbags blew up in my face. If it is just body damage it is really not that hard to fix. It also comes out a lot cheaper if you do it yourself. My damage was quoted at 5k but I did it myself for a little over 1k, well that is not including the paint job though. If you have any questions just ask me.

i've got a front bumper, too. it'll need some light body work (sanding down some dried putty) but i'll let it go for $50 + shipping. not trying to lowball you, justin, just saying since mine's sitting in the garage, and trying to give him more options.

Punisher302 said:
i've got a front bumper, too. it'll need some light body work (sanding down some dried putty) but i'll let it go for $50 + shipping. not trying to lowball you, justin, just saying since mine's sitting in the garage, and trying to give him more options.

Mine doen't need body work other than just sanded & painted. Ha, beat that!

J/K man. It's all cool. Either I sell it to a fellow SN member for dirt cheap, or I'll rip someone off on eBay. (not intentionally, but I don't think alot of things on eBay are worth the bids they get). I'd rather help someone out, though. :shrug: