Mustang Gt Vortech Supercharged help

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I just purchased a car today and the guy that has sold it to me just started getting this idle problem. He had his supercharger v2 setup profeshionaly installed and tuned. The car doesnt have a mass air flow sensor it was removed. The car did run fine but just started acting up. What happends is sometimes it runs fine and then out of know where the car will die wile im coming to a stop light or stop sign. What happends it when i let of the accelerator the car idle jumps up and down from like 300rpm to 1300 rpm. We cleaned the tb today but it seemed to only help for a hour or two. Im not sure what else it could be. Could the TPS be off? Maybe bad? What about a dirty air filter would this cause the car to bog? Also sometimes when im on the freeway and my rpms are about 2k and i let off the gas it bogs. The car also has a exhaust leak would this cause a problem like this? The car is a auto and mods are below. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edit: forgot to add the check engine light does not on.

• Sponsors (?)

mat82284 said:
I just purchased a car today and the guy that has sold it to me just started getting this idle problem. He had his supercharger v2 setup profeshionaly installed and tuned. The car doesnt have a mass air flow sensor it was removed. The car did run fine but just started acting up. What happends is sometimes it runs fine and then out of know where the car will die wile im coming to a stop light or stop sign. What happends it when i let of the accelerator the car idle jumps up and down from like 300rpm to 1300 rpm. We cleaned the tb today but it seemed to only help for a hour or two. Im not sure what else it could be. Could the TPS be off? Maybe bad? What about a dirty air filter would this cause the car to bog? Also sometimes when im on the freeway and my rpms are about 2k and i let off the gas it bogs. The car also has a exhaust leak would this cause a problem like this? The car is a auto and mods are below. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edit: forgot to add the check engine light does not on.

Sounds like the IAC. Clean it. If that doesn't work, buy a new one. If that doesn't work, check the TPS voltage. Check all vac lines and PCV.

Jackie Chan said:
i would get your car to a tuner shop asap. 30lb injectors are a little small. sounds like you have a rigged up pos

the car was done right Apex Motorsports installed and tuned the car so i know it was done right.

Im not sure about the maf it is in the trunk right now. the Ecu does have a vortech chip on the computer and the car runs good some times but then randomly it starts to want to die. The 30lb injectors are fine because this car isnt pushing more than 6psi and the car cant be producing much more than maybe 350hp at 6psi. ill add a pic of my engine bay.

Has anyone heard of running without a maf before? anyone doing it? If so what else could cause this problem?

you have to run a MAF, if there is no maf connected the car freaks out. Plus, if you have an air filter connected to the end of that inlet pipe...there is a maf there too LOL... The way the vortech bracket goes is filter->bracket->bracket bolted to MAF-> MAF connected to inlet pipe.

mat82284 said:
the car was done right Apex Motorsports installed and tuned the car so i know it was done right.

Im not sure about the maf it is in the trunk right now. the Ecu does have a vortech chip on the computer and the car runs good some times but then randomly it starts to want to die. The 30lb injectors are fine because this car isnt pushing more than 6psi and the car cant be producing much more than maybe 350hp at 6psi. ill add a pic of my engine bay.

Has anyone heard of running without a maf before? anyone doing it? If so what else could cause this problem?
ok for one, you should look in your fender where the maf "should" be. two, find a mustang guy to tell you exactly what mods your car has. why dont you take your car back to apex or whereever the hell the work was done and see what they say

BennyBlown2v said:
you have to run a MAF, if there is no maf connected the car freaks out. Plus, if you have an air filter connected to the end of that inlet pipe...there is a maf there too LOL... The way the vortech bracket goes is filter->bracket->bracket bolted to MAF-> MAF connected to inlet pipe.

Well i have the maft in the trunk so im not sure maybe its a upgrade the guy said they removed it. Ill check the filter to see it maybe there it one on there.

Stang|ess said:
I think he meant the MAF unit is sitting in his trunk and not hooked up.

Ok i just found the mass air meter. its connected to the filter its a pro-m mass air. (the stock one must be the one in the trunk) Also I checked the tps but im not sure if i did it right i connected the posative to the bottom wire then the negative to the middle wire. it came to .17v I do belive this could be the problem if i measured the right wires? Can someone confirm i did this right? One more thing if its at .17 does that mean its dead or need adjusting cause thats a long way from .98- .1v