Mustang II in new video game

T0BASC032

Apr 3, 2004
Wisconsin
Did a little browsing in Walmart yesterday while waiting for an oil change on my truck. My kids are big into video games, so I was checking out what was new there and I see this car game called Ford Mustang - The Legend Lives.

First thought when I read the back cover... "40 models from 1964-2005" 'hmm, probably not a II in the bunch, as usual' ...

Although, since it was only $14.99, I'm cheap (lol), and a fan of all Mustangs, I decided to get it out of curiosity.

I get it home, and it turns out one option is to drive a '76 Mach 1 in your choice of a half dozen color schemes, and can eventually unlock a '76 Cobra.
It's a fun game, not too different from a handful of other race type games, but the details of the II's are strikingly accurate, which was also unexpected.

The game is available in Playstation 2 & XBOX versions, and can be previewed at the following link: http://www.2kgames.com/fordmustang/ :cheers:

2kgame

• Sponsors (?)

I just love all these people who support a strong military. What do they do to support the cause? Buy a three dollar China made "Support Our Troops" sticker and paste it on the back of their car. As for the guy who's got a gun to his head pleading for his life or for the ones who face death everyday their in service... I'm sure all they want is to see their family again. I'm strongly anti-military unless it actually involves defending our country and not our business interests. As for WMDs, I guess its okay if we have them but nobody else in the world can? Who ever stopped us from using Napalm in Vietnam or nuking Hiroshima?

d

nope still have not unlocked the II

Well I served for 8 years, second I donate to several organizations, and I realize that a well funded military is the best bet for a quick and safe return. and my support the troops sticker was made in chino valley az by a vet.

Ok, I finished the amateur career mode and 3 tracks in pro career. Unlocked a bunch of cars, and a bunch of tracks. No Cobra II yet :(. I'll keep going through pro career and see what else that unlocks. I might have to play the other game modes to unlock other stuff.

CobraIILover said:
Ok, I finished the amateur career mode and 3 tracks in pro career. Unlocked a bunch of cars, and a bunch of tracks. No Cobra II yet :(. I'll keep going through pro career and see what else that unlocks. I might have to play the other game modes to unlock other stuff.

Wow... slow down, you'll burn yourself out on the game :D
I haven't played it for too long yet, but it may have a lot to do with which car you drive when you win races. I've noticed the game matches you up against different cars based on the car selection you've chosen, so it's possible.

T0BASC032 said:
Wow... slow down, you'll burn yourself out on the game :D
I haven't played it for too long yet, but it may have a lot to do with which car you drive when you win races. I've noticed the game matches you up against different cars based on the car selection you've chosen, so it's possible.

Hehe. Actually I read the directions last night (after I finished all that) and it says in there you have to complete other areas of the game for certain cars, not just career mode.

Unlocked a bunch more stuff last night. Still no Cobra II though.

I did unlock the Mustang II concept car (the original 63 concept Mustang) and well as the "Cammer Fastback Concept". If you get to unlock this car, you have to drive it. It's insane. The car is so fast, I wiped out 3 times in one race and still caught up to the other cars, LOL.