Mustang Vs. Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that either an Evo or an STI would win a 0-60 race against a Cobra (stock vs. stock). Drag slicks on the Cobra would probably change things. This is just my guess, as I have never driven any of these cars. I would give the nod to the Cobra in the 1/4. In addition, I really don't think that the Evo or the STI would last through many high-rev clutch dumps like a Cobra would.

I have seen numerous articles in magazines regarding the Evo and the STI. I seem to remember reading that the Evo was faster than the STI 0-60 mainly due to the STI having a 6 speed which required an additional shift. Is this correct?

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

warment said:
My personal opinion is that either an Evo or an STI would win a 0-60 race against a Cobra (stock vs. stock). Drag slicks on the Cobra would probably change things. This is just my guess, as I have never driven any of these cars. I would give the nod to the Cobra in the 1/4. In addition, I really don't think that the Evo or the STI would last through many high-rev clutch dumps like a Cobra would.

I have seen numerous articles in magazines regarding the Evo and the STI. I seem to remember reading that the Evo was faster than the STI 0-60 mainly due to the STI having a 6 speed which required an additional shift. Is this correct?

Bill
i dont know if they could withstand a the 03 supercharged cobra. i know those AWD cars will get a nice launch but once that high end power comes in... :shrug:

Mach428 said:
Oh all of a sudden your on the defensive after attacking me with 5 other people. This post has to come to an end because these are the only reasons you people have for me being wrong.

1. I am A moron because I own a Gold V6

2. I Disagree with the majority in this post

3. I changed my opinon

So far I am the only one here who has provided an un-biased factual information source to support my point, 0-60 stoplight race a Cobra will have a tough time with an Evo and I have proved that is fact. I don't want to see you people backing up your info with a link to another post or your buddies G-Tech, If someone wants to disprove me, give a a link from a reliable source. I was initially wrong, but I am sticking to my statement that 0-60 keyword for you people who want to quote me "0-60 stoplight race" an Evo will most likely beat a Cobra. Since non of you have posted facts from a reliable information source hence you have all been :owned:

ok.....so a "poorly" driven cobra vs. a EVO with a good driver is a close race? sorry buddy, the variables are different. you need to just let this thread die, you have proved nothing except that you read a magazine that told you a number. wow, here is a gold star for you.....do you believe everything you read is 100% true in every situation and variable(street race)? i hope not

REAL WORLD INFO -
with a good driver in both cars the cobra would still beat the evo in 0-60.....4.7 is pathetic for a 03 cobra. just like the 2.3 60ft. now a 1.9 60ft and it is over for the well driven evo....many stock cobra drivers can get a 1.9 60 ft consistantly

Premium Speed said:
ok.....so a "poorly" driven cobra vs. a EVO with a good driver is a close race? sorry buddy, the variables are different. you need to just let this thread die, you have proved nothing except that you read a magazine that told you a number. wow, here is a gold star for you.....do you believe everything you read is 100% true in every situation and variable(street race)? i hope not

REAL WORLD INFO -
with a good driver in both cars the cobra would still beat the evo in 0-60.....4.7 is pathetic for a 03 cobra. just like the 2.3 60ft. now a 1.9 60ft and it is over for the well driven evo....many stock cobra drivers can get a 1.9 60 ft consistantly

Exactly, there is almost a half-second difference there :nice:
I like how this guy keeps saying that he is leaving this thread and then never does. :shrug:

Mach428 said:
I must have really struck a nerve here since you babies can't admit a Cobra would get owned in a short 0-60-0 run with an Evo.

from the numbers you posted 0-60, do you realize .1 seconds at 60mph is only 8.8 feet? that's only about half a car length. hardly an owning. and that's only if the Evo driver is willing to drop the clutch at 5000rpm. i don't know about you, but i certainly would not be doing many high rpm launches in any car. can a Evo edge out a Cobra 0-60? sure, but i don't think it's going to happen too often in the real world. unless ofcaorse the Cobra driver roasts the tires. the Cobra just has too much low end torque for an Evo to compete without a high rpm launch.

and racing 0-60 is like premature ejaculation. the funs over as soon as the party is getting started.

oh, and one last thing. this whole thread was about a Cobra vs. Evo FROM A ROLL!!!

Premium Speed said:
it was until that guy posted about the STI(which he called an EVO) vs. 03 cobra......

i was going with the flow, but i see no relevance

sorry, was just trying to keep my mind off having to go to the dentist in 30 minutes to get teeth drilled :mad: :mad: :( :notnice:

Status
Not open for further replies.