Mustangs Unlimited got me....

I used MU a couple times back in 2001. No problems, but that was 6 years ago.

The only reason they lost my business is because NPD is closer, so I get the parts practically next day. NPD also does a 10% show discount and are at most of the big shows I go to.
Fortunately, I've never had a problem with anyone giving me the wrong part. :shrug:

I still haven't ordered from Summit but I'm about to soon.
Also have never done business with Mustangs Plus. I've heard good and bad, but they have a part I need for the Granada swap, so I have no options but to hope for the best.

• Sponsors (?)

I have been doing business with MU for 4 years now, and their customer service has treated me FAR FAR better than ANY of the other vendors I have dealt with in the past.

The one time I ordered the wrong part from MU, the customer service rep was most helpful, not only in supplying the info I needed for the return, but in tracking down the correct part number. (I had misread the chart!)

Responsibility for getting the correct part begins with the user. YOU should make sure of part numbers, sizes, colors, etc., etc., BEFORE you place your order. THEY CANNOT READ YOUR MIND!

ALSO........Keep in mind how you speak with them on the phone. BE POLITE! Just because YOU'RE unhappy, doesn't mean you should make their lives hell! Yes, I know people on the other end aren't always the most pleasant on the phone....all the MORE REASON TO BE POLITE!
AND SMILE!!!

Yes, they can hear the smile in your voice on the other end. It does make a BIG difference!:nice:

Good luck!:nice:

I have been doing business with MU for 4 years now, and their customer service has treated me FAR FAR better than ANY of the other vendors I have dealt with in the past.

The one time I ordered the wrong part from MU, the customer service rep was most helpful, not only in supplying the info I needed for the return, but in tracking down the correct part number. (I had misread the chart!)

Responsibility for getting the correct part begins with the user. YOU should make sure of part numbers, sizes, colors, etc., etc., BEFORE you place your order. THEY CANNOT READ YOUR MIND!

ALSO........Keep in mind how you speak with them on the phone. BE POLITE! Just because YOU'RE unhappy, doesn't mean you should make their lives hell! Yes, I know people on the other end aren't always the most pleasant on the phone....all the MORE REASON TO BE POLITE!
AND SMILE!!!

Yes, they can hear the smile in your voice on the other end. It does make a BIG difference!:nice:

Good luck!:nice:

Seriously sound advice there. You can get more done by smiling on the phone than you would believe.

So in yalls opinion...

Come on guys, they sent me 2 shock braces for the drivers side of the car, obviously not my mistake. Then they wanted me to pay for shipping the wrong part back, and pay shipping again to have the correct part sent back to me. The guy said it was "company policy". Not to mention my car being torn apart for at least a week longer then planned, they expected me to pay around $20 shipping cost.

If its company policy to make someone else pay for your own mistakes....that WRONG.

I just cant beleive the pounding I`m getting from you guys over this issue, It sounds to me like most of you think I should have just happily agreed to pay shipping both way.

I work at a job where I have to please my customers, big or small, they all get treated the same. When I make mistakes I do my best to make sure my customers are pleased, regardless of the expense it may cost me. If I did business like MU does, I wouldn`t last long.

65fastbackresto's got a point, there...... I don't know what his demeanor was when on the phone; but the guy at MU should have tried to "work with him" and at least ask a few questions before dropping "It's company policy" and shutting down.

Maybe it's because I work for a company whose management has spent the last 3-4 years trying to overcome the image it developed in the two years prior to that; but it does help to remember who pays the light bill -that would be the customers that buy stuff. Sometimes the "customer service" guys need to remember that not everybody is trying to screw their employer out of something.

In this case, MU shipped duplicate items in the same box - oops :doh: If I showed up at a customer's house and installed (per the incorrect order) two standard phone lines when the customer wanted 1 phone line with 1 DSL circuit looped in, and told the customer that he'd have to order the correct stuff (at an additional cost) because "it's company policy"; what do you think the customer would think of the my company? Yeah, maybe to the original sales guy it sounded like 65fastback actually wanted 2 passenger side spring plates; but (to somebody in "the system") that should have sounded a little weird and strange. :scratch: And (like in this case) sometimes that doesn't happen, so the next guy gets the call to "fix it". Well, Joe-order-guy; your company already has the money from this order; do you want more money to fix this order or do you want to get even more money from his next (likely bigger) order?

Management (specifically the previous CEO) at my employer developed "Joe-order-guy's" attitude. Then we started scrambling to fix it when we acheived "junk stock" status. It's improved greatly; now you can only buy three or four shares of our stock for the price of a decent set of spark plugs........

since we are complaining about shipping on faulty/wrong parts.

I ordered a chrome export brace from mustangs plus last year. The chrome was pretty crappy on it. There were spots were it was not chromed at all. I called them up and was told to ship it back at my expense and they would ship me a new one.

I still have the damn thing. It will be the very last thing I ever order from them again. I can understand that they have no control over the quality of parts they buy from other vendors. But when I called to tell them it looked bad they pretty much said it was my problem.

Come on guys, they sent me 2 shock braces for the drivers side of the car, obviously not my mistake. Then they wanted me to pay for shipping the wrong part back, and pay shipping again to have the correct part sent back to me. The guy said it was "company policy". Not to mention my car being torn apart for at least a week longer then planned, they expected me to pay around $20 shipping cost.

If its company policy to make someone else pay for your own mistakes....that WRONG.

I just cant beleive the pounding I`m getting from you guys over this issue, It sounds to me like most of you think I should have just happily agreed to pay shipping both way.

I work at a job where I have to please my customers, big or small, they all get treated the same. When I make mistakes I do my best to make sure my customers are pleased, regardless of the expense it may cost me. If I did business like MU does, I wouldn`t last long.

If I am not mistaken, didn't you say that at the time you called them (and they wanted you to pay shipping), you didn't actually know that they sent both mounts for the same side?

Max Power

You are right, they didn`t know it was 2 parts for the same side that caused the problem. In their defense I`ll give them that. The guy tried to take care of the issue with his "company policy" thinking it would shut me up.

Well, you originally said they sent you the wrong partS and that THEY wouldn't fit when you only tried one side which happened to be the side that wouldn't fit. Your message title still implicates them even though it was a simple misunderstanding. You weren't knowledgable (yet) about what you were looking at and couldn't explain it over the phone to the guy who probably figured that you didn't know of which you speak. On the other hand, the part probably got put in the wrong box/hole/shelf spot when it was put into the box to ship originally. Had you tried them on both sides you would have figured out that they sent two of one side, could have called them up and the whole thing resolved without making this post. All that being said, are you still not ordering from MU?

I bought a early '65 coupe from a guy who had all the repop rear sheetmetal for the car, which is all I bought it for. In the original packaging were two right side full quarter panels, one nested inside the other. Obviously a mistake, but had you received that, would you have shipped the second one back? Most wouldn't as it was a mistake in their favor. I didn't because I didn't buy them fromt he manufacturer and I don't know where they came from. My right quarter needs totally replaced and I figured I'll try it myself and if it doesn't turn out like I want, I can always take the other to someone to put it on right.

I feel like a idiot actually

Yea I`ll probably order from them again. When Max Power put his post up it dawned on me what had actually happened.

I want to apologize to yall and MU for the post, I was just mad at the time. I`m a new car guy, not a mechanic, and just assumed cause the one side wouldn`t fit that they were the wrong parts. I never looked at the other side until the guy at MU assured me he had sent the right parts.

To be honest, i never even changed my own oil till I got this car, so I`m in for it for sure. Sometimes I feel like I got in over my head, but to be honest, the mental stimulation of trying to learn new things at 39 years old is pretty exciting.

This whole situation has taught me a valuble lesson though, I want to thank you guys that questioned me on this situation, cause I didn`t think, I let my emotions kinda rule me for awhile, and now I see the light.

In my defense for being stupid, my doctor started me on testosterone therapy about 3 months ago, and since then I`ve been a little hot headed and quick to anger. I`m having to learn myself all over again so to speak.

So what I`m saying is when I act stupid, dont be afraid to point it out to me, this aint the first time and it prob wont be the last.... LOL

Yea I`ll probably order from them again. When Max Power put his post up it dawned on me what had actually happened.

I want to apologize to yall and MU for the post, I was just mad at the time. I`m a new car guy, not a mechanic, and just assumed cause the one side wouldn`t fit that they were the wrong parts. I never looked at the other side until the guy at MU assured me he had sent the right parts.

To be honest, i never even changed my own oil till I got this car, so I`m in for it for sure. Sometimes I feel like I got in over my head, but to be honest, the mental stimulation of trying to learn new things at 39 years old is pretty exciting.

This whole situation has taught me a valuble lesson though, I want to thank you guys that questioned me on this situation, cause I didn`t think, I let my emotions kinda rule me for awhile, and now I see the light.

In my defense for being stupid, my doctor started me on testosterone therapy about 3 months ago, and since then I`ve been a little hot headed and quick to anger. I`m having to learn myself all over again so to speak.

So what I`m saying is when I act stupid, dont be afraid to point it out to me, this aint the first time and it prob wont be the last.... LOL

I'm glad you can see both sides of the story. You have admitted that you have a long way to go in the old car knowledge department, and these guys get knuckleheads all day that don't know what they are doing, so I can see why the guy at MU would respond that way.

It would be better in the future to talk these things through with fellow enthusiasts before condemning suppliers on international forums. Someone will Google this at some point, and the only thing that may display will be your complaint and not the resolution. I have seen it a million times on the interweb.

Best of luck.

Max Power

You can bet on it, I started a bunch of trouble without even thinking first. I dont have any kids and the doctor said I was probably low on testosterone as a young adult. I`m having to relearn my own behavior issues all over again and the lessons come one at a time like always. I have done some other stupid things lately too, surprising myself at my own behavior. Only good thing I can say about this therapy is I`ve lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 10 lbs of muscle. My shoulders and arms are bigger then when I was young hauling hay all the time.

I have learned one thing though, when alot of the guys were acting stupid when I was young, I know why.....CAUSE THEY COULDN`T HELP IT!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Up till 3 months ago you couldn`t even get a rise out of me, boy have things changed...