my car is in very very bad shape,

Stang01GT

Apr 20, 2003
New Jersey
I finally went to check out my car at the ford dealership to see if its done getting fixed. It turns out that not only my rearend and tranny is leaking also they told me the heads are warped my valve covers are leaking and something on my engine is 2000ths off. Well heres the worst part, they told me that everything would be covered under warranty but they found a superchip installed on my car which voids the warranty, I told them I bought my car used so whoever had the car before me must of installed it. It was the saddest site seeing every internal part of my car sitting in the garage out of the car, the engine was apart, the rearend, tranny, driveshaft. My car only has 26,000 miles and is a 2001. They told me they have to contact someone and they would call me tommorow morning. What makes it worst is that my summer consists of 2 weeks from aug 10th to about the 27th, and I was hoping to drive my car alot these weeks. I probably wont be able to drive my car at all now. The ford dealership is prolly gonna just fix the rearend and tranny but just put the engine back together as is. By the way i bought my car used from the chevy dealership and got extended warranty on it. This sucks so bad

• Sponsors (?)

that is F'd up man. I hope things work out for you. So you bought the car from the chevy dealership and obviously had all these problems before you had a chance to do anything to the car.

i wonder if you can take the chip out and bring the car in to another dealership? possibly, unless all the dealerships are tied into a network and they record the information about the warranty voiding chip. are there lemon laws in your state, possibly you can return the car for a full refund? I would consider talking to a lawyer, how can you have bought a full extended warranty from a place when the chip was in the car already?

Stang01GT said:
Well heres the worst part, they told me that everything would be covered under warranty but they found a superchip installed on my car which voids the warranty, I told them I bought my car used so whoever had the car before me must of installed it.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

You give that dealer a call and tell them to explain to you how a computer chip busted the rear end, made the transmission leak, or screw up the engine.

Even heard of the "Magnusen-Moss Act" ? I think you need to look it up and print it out then go down to the dealer and have a conversation about that crap.

Phew, what a mess.

Couple of questions:

Was the chip installed when it went in for service? or, are they saying that it was once there?

Was the motor damage the result of an accident, or simply found by "misstake" when the car was taken in to fix. Seems like if it was hit, that could explain the motor damage?

I hope you can get this resolved! I took legal action against Chrysler one time. One word of caution, As soon as I got a lawyer involved, everything changed. The dealer would no longer speak to me and neither would Chrysler. They stopped working on my car PERIOD at that point. Three months later, I received a check from Chrysler for $15,000. My situation was different then yours, but I merely point this out as a suggestion to use the legal system only if you must.

the chip may actually void the warrenty since it controls and alters the parameters originally set by Ford. You may not be able to argue this since it was installed when the car arrived. if they give you a hard time take the car back, the chip out and bring to another dealer for service.

That sucks,luckily I know the guys at my ford dealership, and they overlooked things like that.Maybe they didn't contact ford and you can take it to another dealership.Couldn't hurt to try anyway. :shrug: Best of luck on getting this resolved.BTW,take the chip out before taking it in to the other dealer:p

Stang01GT said:
i put the chip in myself, but i told them it was there when i bought the car. Im def. gonna try to take the car to another dealership. Im still waiting for the call from ford telling me exactly whats gonna happen.
Too bad you didn't pull the chip before you took the car in. Most people know that a chip will void your warranty. I would find out exactly what is wrong with the engine. If it is an expensive repair, you may want to fix the rear end and tranny and sell the car.