My door mod.

wythors

Get off my lawn!!!
Founding Member
May 17, 2000
C Addle
Last year I installed a set of 03 GT seats in my 93 and had the rears recovered to match. The leather company sent my upholstery guy a full hide of perforated leather instead of the half hide he paid for, so he gave me the extra. My door pockets have looked like crap since I bought the car eight years ago, so I decided to do something about it. This took me about a half hour to do, on top of the time to remove the door panels from the car.

Before:

Doorbefore.jpg

After:

Doorafter.jpg

I have to say that it's a 200% improvement.

• Sponsors (?)

I run the same flooring in the garage (and color scheme :))...a little pricey but worth every penny if you spend any significant time in there, soo easy on the body. Fluids do not damage the tiles at all, my overstuffed dogs and their crazy clawed feed have yet to scratch it...and it mops up a perdy as the day it went down. Only downfall..if you want to consider it that is you can't place jacks or stands directly on the floor, for myself I use 3/4" sheets of plywood under jacks etc. Best addition to the garage for appearance and comfort to date....sorry to thread steal :)

I run the same flooring in the garage (and color scheme :))...a little pricey but worth every penny if you spend any significant time in there, soo easy on the body. Fluids do not damage the tiles at all, my overstuffed dogs and their crazy clawed feed have yet to scratch it...and it mops up a perdy as the day it went down. Only downfall..if you want to consider it that is you can't place jacks or stands directly on the floor, for myself I use 3/4" sheets of plywood under jacks etc. Best addition to the garage for appearance and comfort to date....sorry to thread steal :)

Ditto on what Derek said. The only exception being that my Sears jack with one large roller on the front doesn't mar the floor. Personally, I use some 12 x 12 squares of 1/8" diamond plate aluminum under my regular jack stands and I have a pair of SnapOn Blue Point stands with flat round bases that work great.

It has now endured 3 major projects (heads/cam/intake on the 5.0, complete brake overhaul/upgrade on the 5.0 and Kenne Bell install on the Cobra) and had every kind of automotive fluid spilled on it. After a mop job, it looks like new. In the rare situation where a tile may need to be removed or replaced, it can be done in less than a minute.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

591203_26_full.jpg

Thanks guys. Definatly looks great. How was the install? I'm curious where you have to cut one of the tiles etc. Thanks again!

The whole install (about 425 sf) took about four hours including cutting the edge pieces. They cut like butter with a jig saw.

Oh D is jealous now. R&R the garage....

Nah, his is just as nice. :D

For myself I figured out the square footage and determined what design I wanted. Knowing the tiles are 12x12 you basically have to simply determine your color scheme and calculate how many of each tiles would be required to create the design you want (unless you are going one color). I simply counted out teh tiles required to make a boarder around the car in grey with the blue floor to match my Lions (yes lions fan) theme in the room.
onemoreblack.jpg

clean4.jpg