My engine is never going to get done.

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
Ok, well I guess it started sunday night when i started to get sick, I went to work monday then I left early. I started to feel better when I got home then I crashed and I could barley walk. So I felt about 80% on tuesday and I took the day off and got some stuff done on my engine. So tuesday night comes I got the part I lost from Crane cams and I installed my cam. Long story short I found out my cam thrust plated is warped. So I get up today Get ready and go to get a new plate and the truck wont start :(. So I play with it for a while and it's showing a full charge when I put it on the batt charger but as soon as I crank it, it clicks like low voltage. Then the batt gauge on the charger goes down and takes about 30 sec to get a full charge again. So i'm thinking a bad cell. So now My dad is stuck at work and cant give me a lift so the trusty g/f is coming to give me a ride after she gets off of work at noon. :D Then i'm install ine the rotating assy and heads today :banana:.

• Sponsors (?)

You'll get it done eventually! :D When I was putting mine together, a friend of mine was supposed to help me since I've never done any engine work before. Well, he helped me get the bottom end done, but then he couldn't get any time off work to help me so I just gave up and put it together myself. It turned out surprisingly well. :D

I also had several occasions when I thought I had everything ready to go, then I would find some other little part I needed. I think I placed at least one order per week with summit for about a month. I also ordered the wrong mufflers and didn't realize it until I had the engine in the car and started on the exhaust work. :owned:

I'm 22. And I just found out that becuase some girl is suing The dept over the cpad test and a couple of other things they scraped this hiring cycle. So the 5 months of waiting just wend down the drain. I'm going to go try vol here in the small town I live in and see if I can get my cert through them.

wow your the same age as me i thought you were one of the "old" guys on here. Did I ask you that before? lol I can't remember

Why she suing cause shes too stupid to pass the test so she had to sue to get in? Humm guess thats why I've always thought girls should not be firefighters they should stick with the EMS stuff. But if my girl wasn't a member we would have never met so shes and exception

The funny thing is austin has a decent amount of female ff. And I remember one guy telling some fire dept trainer beat all of the guys on the cpad just for fun. it's stupid and screwd alot of people.

And yes some might say i'm just a stupid kid but how many guys at the age of 18 rebuilt thier aode With out any help? I have allways listened and read engine stuff and for some reason I pick it up really fast. Hell, I have never built an engine before or even pulled one out of a car.

And you can aim me at bobobr49 if you ever want to chat. Long story with the name so dont ask,