My First Stang Makes Way For My Second.

Michael Gordon

Active User
Jan 1, 2017
Just like that. Bought the car at Christmas, and it's already done. Just minding my own business, and these two jokers decided to play Demolition Derby on the other side of the street. They got entangled with each other, hopped the median, and both cars made contact with mine.

IMG_20170124_072911_01.jpg
IMG_20170124_071505_01.jpg

IMG_20170124_072819_01.jpg
IMG_20170124_072853_01.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

It's driving fine. The cop had it towed because the fender was bent out, and centimeters from the tire. I went to the yard yesterday, and bent it back so I could get it out of there and drive it home. It's driving just as well as it always has. The cop (a Mustang guy) said that it was lucky that only the door and the fender got hit. He was right. The suspension seems just fine. However, it's a 95. As minimal as the damage looks, to get it back to condition it was in is going to take a lot. I'm going to go for 15,000. Lost wages, wheels alone with the new tires from last week are worth 1600, custom exhaust, hood, etc. If they try to give me less than 10, I'll send my attorney, who will fight them for a lot more. I was just sitting still at a red light. I'll win, so they really should settle with me.

It can probably be fixed, but it'll take five grand at least to make it right. Custom paint job with stripes. Tinted side marker. They need to give me back what I had before the accident. If they won't do that, they will try to low ball me on the total loss. I'll never find a car like that. They need to give me 3 grand alone to buy a new car, and I'll go for pain and suffering, and loss of wages. I say 15k, down to 10k is pocket change compared to what my lawyer will do to them.

Reactions: 1 user
If you didn't take a ride in an ambulance the pay off will be small. They'll probably get the door, bumper, and fender fixed and painted....looks like it got into the quarter panel a little, too. Any part that wasn't hit won't be painted or fixed.

That's the sad thing about being hit....you always get the short end of the stick.

Better hope they don't try to total it. The fair market value is only avout $2400 in my area. A friend of mine had someone hit the quarter panel on his 88 gt. The estimate was around 3500 to fix and paint. He had to fight the insurance companies to keep his car and have them fix it instead of totaling it out.

They make more money totaling a mustang out at black book value and selling it at auction.

15843988_10210154180428425_8667455005976263364_o.jpg
The odds of you seeing a big pay out are slim to none. The damage is minimal on the car. If you didn't take a ride in the ambulance and start that fiasco don't plan on seeing much you'd need surgery and all types of other stuff to get big money. Every body part has a dollar amount .... Been here done this before.