My Knees Hurt.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
So......

Sitting in one of my fav watering holes....

Started back at therapy today..
( i quit becauze they were hurting me)

But my knees wouldnt stop swelling, so.......therapy.

The problem with artifical knees is that they " clunk" when you walk. When they clunk, they aggravate the surrounding tissue......When the surrounding tissue is aggrevated, it gets inflamed......when it gets inflamed, it swells.....
When it swells.....you medicate.
20171027_200831.jpg

The empty plastic cup used to have yager in it..

When you drink yaeger. You misspell yeager,...but you can read minds..

And,..your knees dont hurt so bad.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I understand your pain and frustration. I have a pinched sciatic nerve and it causes random pains in both legs. One week it's the right leg and knee, the next week, it's the left leg at the calf up next to the knee. My job is similar to yours in that I must deal with people who are ignorant, ask dumb questions and refuse to learn anything different from what little they already know. The constant pain over the last 2 weeks has made me much less patient and tolerant than normal when I am dealing with such people.

Little motivation for you.
I had 2 family members get double knee replacements around the same time 4-5 years ago.
One did the rehab religiously. She’s in her 80s, still drives, gardens, walks around unassisted.

The other quit therapy immediately because it was painful. She’s also in her 80s now. Bound to a wheel chair and a walker.

Neither one drank Jager though :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
You work for the internet?
No, I work for a Federal Government agency.

What Sir Joshua Reynolds' said : "There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking" is certainly true for many of the people that I do computer service for.

Reactions: 3 users
Little motivation for you.
I had 2 family members get double knee replacements around the same time 4-5 years ago.
One did the rehab religiously. She’s in her 80s, still drives, gardens, walks around unassisted.

The other quit therapy immediately because it was painful. She’s also in her 80s now. Bound to a wheel chair and a walker.

Neither one drank Jager though :shrug:
I understand the downside to not doing anything is a bad thing..but I don't do nothing when not in therapy.
The basement is where the monster lives,...and to get there requires going down 20 steps. I also walk considerably as a requisite of the job...

Evidently,that must not enough.

Therapist says the excessive joint movement ( annoys the hell out of me) is a byproduct of lack of muscle mass to stabilize the joint....that means, weighted lifts, squats, and lunges.

I understand the downside to not doing anything is a bad thing..but I don't do nothing when not in therapy.
The basement is where the monster lives,...and to get there requires going down 20 steps. I also walk considerably as a requisite of the job...

Therapist says the excessive joint movement ( annoys the hell out of me) is a byproduct of lack of muscle mass to stabilize the joint....that means, weighted lifts, squats, and lunges.
When I broke my back, the doctor said if I had more core strength it might have protected it.
Basically told a chubby guy with a broken spine that abs might help....:nonono:

Reactions: 4 users

I joined a local gym last week for the first time in 8 years, and even with good knees I hate doing lunges and squats. There is a lot of benefit from doing them though, so you can know in your mind that the Iowegian is also cussing as he does them along with you.

When I broke my back, the doctor said if I had more core strength it might have protected it.
Basically told a chubby guy with a broken spine that abs might help....:nonono:
After a knee scope surgery, I went to therapy and tried to rebuild core strength. It partially tore the Gluteus Medius tendon, irritated the Sciatic nerve, and has made the lumbar facet nerves mad enough that I am liking to get them cooked (RFA) for 6-24 months of relief. By the time they grow back, maybe I can have the rest of my lower spine stabilized. The right therapist is an important decision.

Last edited:
Get well Soon, Mike!
My mom got one knee replaced years ago, and she was young enough they were worried about having to eventually replace it again. She did a lot of strength exercises before the operation to make muscles that were not being used active again, and the doctor tightened stuff up more than they do today. Recovery was rough but I do not think she had the moving issue you describe.
After recovery, that knee was better than her own factory one ever was, and she still has not seen the need to replace the other.
If therapy hurts that much, the therapist or a different one needs to slow down their expectations so you can get back to better than pre surgery status.
Best wishes, and please keep at it like you do with your car projects.

Get well Soon, Mike!
My mom got one knee replaced years ago, and she was young enough they were worried about having to eventually replace it again. She did a lot of strength exercises before the operation to make muscles that were not being used active again, and the doctor tightened stuff up more than they do today. Recovery was rough but I do not think she had the moving issue you describe.
After recovery, that knee was better than her own factory one ever was, and she still has not seen the need to replace the other.
If therapy hurts that much, the therapist or a different one needs to slow down their expectations so you can get back to better than pre surgery status.
Best wishes, and please keep at it like you do with your car projects.
Thanks.
I stopped therapy two weeks ago. The restart on therapy was only short term, ( 2 weeks) All I wanted was a non-weight bearing repetitive motion kind of thing to keep stuff loosened up,...since then, just walking around, here and at work, going up/down stairs, and the up and downs involved w/ monster maintenance is actually all the physical therapy I need.