My new wheels....something a little different.

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
well, they aren't new. new to me tho. picked up a set of 18x9 and 18x11 simmons 3 piece wheels tonight. previous owner bought all new lips for each wheel. they are still in the boxes. he also sent the centers back to australia to have them checked for trueness. came with all the hardware and new valve stems. one center has a few marks on it but nothing bad at all. im seriously considering powercoating these gloss black anyway, which would void the marks. only thing is that they did not come with center caps. i felt i got a great price and i was afraid if i didn't buy them, id hate myself in the morning.

the wheels are currently apart, just placed one together to snap a pic.

simm2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I like them! Curious to see how they look on your car. When are you planning on putting them on?

thanks man. not sure when they are gonna be on the car. prob at least a few weeks. going to make a decision today to leave them gray or black them but im leaning toward black. i just think it would look tough on a silver car.

i have searched and searched for years looking for a set of these . like you mentioned, they are very hard to find. and when they are found, they are pricey. while i didnt steal these, i just couldnt pass them up for the money!

im stoked!

Its hard to say what would look better black or silver. I think it would look good either way.

im trying to decide that as well. couple of wheels do have some marks in the center section. nothing major but the powdercoat would hide it. and if im gonna do it, now is the perfect time since they are disassembled.

im just thinking that black against that aluminum would look pretty killer.

:shrug:

They look great and I am glad you went with something other than the common bullitt/fr500/cobra rim setup.

thanks buddy. sorta funny, i have brand new set of fr500s on the car now - lol. i love those wheels. im actually a big fan of bullitts to. but i completely agree that everyone has them . the only reason i got the simmons was because of the price. i never thought i would have a set and hated to pass it up

I wouldn't go black with them. A wheel like that needs to stand out.

it would def stand out black with all the hardware and the lip. i still havent decided tho. as rare as these are, somehow there are 3 other sets of these in the town i live. i wanted to do something a little different. also it would cover up the scratches on the wheels.

you arent the only one who likes them silver tho.