My power seat on my 94 snapped, Which race seat--I'm lost please help

1911A1

Jan 5, 2008
My seat snaped off the power frame in the right hand corner of the drivers side. Im guessing my seat and frame a scrap. Im looking to replace it with an aftermarket seat that is economical and will be more comfortable for long term driving. Im 6'3 215 if that helps. I plan on buying a Z06 in nov next year and droping collision on this. How much are these to get installed? I remember it was like 300 to change my head lights :-(

• Sponsors (?)

I like my jeg's seat......It looks good and has lasted 3 years or so. And it basically just bolted to the stock frame that i reinforced with aluminum(mine snapped). The non power pass seat was a bit harder, i had to weld the new seat brackets to the old frame...more work.
dsc01797.jpg

dsc01820.jpg

dsc01821.jpg

Attachments

• dsc01797.jpg
    dsc01797.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 83
  • dsc01820.jpg
    dsc01820.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 80
  • dsc01821.jpg
    dsc01821.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 80
Depending upon where and how the break is, you might be able to have a shop weld it back together. It's common for the ears to break off the brackets where the brackets bolt to the floor.

Kyle, the seats look sharp. :nice:

Can't really imagine paying someone to do 4 bolts and a electrical connection. Pull the drivers seat out and see where it's broke. Mine the track was broke, but the seat is fine, or as fine as any other 14 year old seat anyways. 4 bolts to take the seat off the track and bolt to used replacement track and motor from the junk yard, (MPS) 4 years now, no new problems.