My Project Car...90 Gt

All right....my friend with the lift is putting my sub frame connectors on today..I dropped the car off Wednesday afternoon...so Thursday they should be on. These are the nice things to get out of the way. Next on the list...5 lug conversion and rims and tires....wanna go with some center line and Micheline pss.....after that...I gotta get some recaro seats...my seat is killing my back.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

All right....my friend with the lift is putting my sub frame connectors on today..I dropped the car off Wednesday afternoon...so Thursday they should be on. These are the nice things to get out of the way. Next on the list...5 lug conversion and rims and tires....wanna go with some center line and Micheline pss.....after that...I gotta get some recaro seats...my seat is killing my back.

Reactions: 1 user
Your back pain is a sign of honest hard work. The next steps await buddy !

So here we go...I got the sub frame CONNECTED...one more necessary item checked off the list. The car does handle noticeably better, not on casual driving but on aggressive driving it does. We have a 15 mph recomended corner (15 mph on corner sign) on our road (maybe 80 degrees..it is steeper than a 90) I have taken this corner at 45 mph (our highway speed limit) and the car negotiated it well. Today I took it at 60 and the car felt the same going into the corner..but exiting it as soon as I straightened out the steering wheel the car immediately flattened out. There was no body roll or flex whatever it's called...felt great...I wasn't expecting any noticeable gains in the quality of the ride but there are. I highly recommend this upgrade.

Now I got my head light wrench in the mail yesterday..time to adjust the new headlights.....the sun is soon to set.
1473472107207-1715320646.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Why do people do this? Why not just use the right tool to begin with, make a tool or SOMETHING other than RUINING what they have? Jesus Christ this crap pisses me off...

If Im not mistaken its a 4mm socket, takes allot of turning to adjust, if it wont work pull the headlights bracket and all and be sure theyre just not spinning, super easy to pull them and put back...

If Im not mistaken its a 4mm socket, takes allot of turning to adjust, if it wont work pull the headlights bracket and all and be sure theyre just not spinning, super easy to pull them and put back...
I'm gonna do just that, what infuriates me is I spent 20.00 on the wrench specifically for this job, anyway I'm gonna yank them put some lube on em and make sure they are functioning properly...

So I'm drinking beer today, napping and sluffing off...I have done the research though and I am going to be ordering the 31 spline axles for my five lug conversion. So for my carrier, as a daily driver...do I want limited split or posi? I drive mostly highway and interstate..

Last edited:
OK...been a while...I got my Recaro seat...singular...but damn it is comfy...had to get mounting plate and slider rails...they were half the cost of the seat..totally worth it though...I'll post pics later..this car is getting real fun to drive

Wow...here we are again...got the mustang out, changed the oil and noticed a puddle of coolant under the ole girl...so, I'm gonna have to order a radiator tubes and the...missimoto? Dual electric fans. All winter long I've pondered what engine to put in the car and am going with the coyote....I will have to just get over the whole no cruise control issue. My plan is to install the hydro boost and the radiator at the same time...so do I need the flaming river steering shaft if I do the hydro boost?

I don't think so but it is a good upgrade, post some pics as you work on it, we are picture whores after all. Didn't go through your complete thread but sounds like you have a plan, and as always, enjoy the drive.
Thanks...I believe Dave the car painter responds to posts frequently and he has the coyote swap done. Kinda waiting to see if it needs done and if so I will do it at same time...and as far as pictures go...I'm Amish...we don't believe in pictures...

Thanks...I believe Dave the car painter responds to posts frequently and he has the coyote swap done. Kinda waiting to see if it needs done and if so I will do it at same time...and as far as pictures go...I'm Amish...we don't believe in pictures...
Amish? Seriously? I'm kinda naive but I'll bite.
I do have a cartoon like mind when I read stuff or people tell me things so if I giggle quietly while I read your posts don't take it personally. I don't need no pictures, there already in my head.:stick:

Amish? Seriously? I'm kinda naive but I'll bite.
I do have a cartoon like mind when I read stuff or people tell me things so if I giggle quietly while I read your posts don't take it personally. I don't need no pictures, there already in my head.:stick:
Lol...no...the whole owning a car would ruin that...but I did have a beard once...

No, no coyote for me. There are a couple guys here that do, if i could just remember their names.....:nonono:

Start a second thread with a title something like "Coyote Swap Questions" that'll get them out of the woodwork.

No, no coyote for me. There are a couple guys here that do, if i could just remember their names.....:nonono:

Start a second thread with a title something like "Coyote Swap Questions" that'll get them out of the woodwork.
@89oem has one...I knew one of y'all did....just had to go through the thread...maybe he will chime in and give me some advice on the steering shaft.