Need a custom tune

Gtnit

May 27, 2018
Ky
I have an 04 gt with intake, t/b, upper and lower intake. CAI and complete exhaust with shorty headers. I can't find anyone to write a tune. VMP doesn't tune anything under 05 and Steeda said they couldn't tune it and refunded my money, a couple other places said no over email. Anyone know a tuner that will or know why they won't tune it the way it is. Everyone says dyno tune but I can't travel that far and do that right now.

• Sponsors (?)

They probably won’t tune it the way it is. Until you have a power adder there is not a big hp gain / buck for a Bolton car when you include the cost of the tuner and the dyno tune (usually $800 total for the tuner + dyno tune).

If you don’t have big power adder updates in the near future I would recommend skipping the tuner. I’d spend your money on suspension upgrades.

If you still are looking for a tune or you have power adder plans - A mail order tune already loaded on a tuner will be the most cost effective for now, I’d go with a tuner like this so that you are prepared for future upgrades (future dyno tune can use this tuner): https://www.americanmuscle.com/x4-custom-tuner-9904gt.html

Thanks for the reply. I already have e the sct x4. Just figured I would need a tune with the exhaust and no cats so it didn't run lean.

If you happen to have the free BAMA tunes or something similar - I’d use that. Exhaust mods are not going to be enough to cause any significant issues with your prior tune.

I wouldn’t spend $400-$500 to dyno tune it for low single digit hp gains. Hold off until you have a power adder.