Need a newauto tranny I think??

Alright, well as of just recently my 97 auto GT has been acting up real weird. Ill be crusing fine and I will come to a stop sign or something and proceed to take off again, with car in D, and it will just sit there and rev in D as if its in nuetral. I will shuffle thru the gears and nothing will happen but eventually the car will shudder and then go. This only occurs sometimes. It did it once today and once yesterday, but hasnt done it in 2 weeks when it first started acting up. I've dropped the pan and changed the fluid and filter but nothing different so Im thinking the auto is crapping out or the torque converter. What do you guys think by these descriptions.

Lat but not least, where is the best pllace to get a NEW auto tranny for my car. I would like to get a stronger one but im limited in money. I will def. put a cooler on next time so will a stock one be ok. I have also heard the ones in 98' and up are stronger? Any truth to that? Something about using better parts? Will it fit just fine then? They are classified differently in the parts cataogs? Please help guys. Thanks a bunch. Will be upgrading torque converter also.

• Sponsors (?)