need advice on vert top color change...HELP

gotta white on white with black and grey interior as of now, but the top is raggin out and i need to get a new one...i've already got everything set up i just need to pick the color....what does everyone think?
WHITE or BLACK

help me out here, i know black is less trouble but what would look the best (MY white is terrible looking but i'm very anal about that kinda thing) and i've seen a few newer stangs with very nice white tops...ok anyway just give me some thought :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I think you should get white. It looks much cooler but it is higher maintenance. Ask the best Ford dealer in your town which trim shop they use for convertible top work and get a quote from that trim shop.

I got quotes and it was $600 for vinyl and $1200 for canvas.

You can buy the tops pretty cheap off the internet but they are fairly difficult to install. However, you can probably get TWO tops off the internet and do the first one as a practice and still save money over a professional install.

However, due to the numerous moving parts and the complexity of the top I would recommend professional install if you can afford it.

In my opinion the highest quality top you could get would be a Robbins canvas top.

Whatever you do, do not go with a gold top ;)

i went with black after having the tan original on mine, just couldn't keep it clean no matter what. i also found out what shop my ford dealer subbed the work to and went directly to them. cost me @ 1300 total and i had them install new leather and carpets why they were at it. now it look completely new.

Robbins also makes some good convertible top cleaner. Two different kinds, one for vinyl and one for canvas.

I think with adequate cleaning, white is do-able...