Need clutch replacement

• Sponsors (?)

Get a king cobra clutch, resurface the flywheel and drive to another mechanic. He's not even close to being correct unless that flywheel has some major damage. My stock flywheel has been resurfaced at least twice. I just did a tremec, new clutch and crap at the beginning of the month and my flywheel was resurfaced again.

I think he's just saying that because he doesnt want to deal with having it resurfaced and it would be easier to charge you for new parts.

Before you get the King Cobra, look at the FMS Heavy Duty. Its 20 bones cheaper and has stronger internals. The HD is 5 percent harder to push down though. KillerCanary recommended it to me, he ran it before he got all fancy shmancy with some composite custom thing-a-majigger.

Black95GTS said:
I think he's just saying that because he doesnt want to deal with having it resurfaced and it would be easier to charge you for new parts.

Before you get the King Cobra, look at the FMS Heavy Duty. Its 20 bones cheaper and has stronger internals. The HD is 5 percent harder to push down though. KillerCanary recommended it to me, he ran it before he got all fancy shmancy with some composite custom thing-a-majigger.

I had the FMS HD and it sucked balls :notnice:. My pressure plate went out after about 20K miles, but the disc still looked great.

As for the flywheel, unless you're on your 3rd or 4th clutch you can just have it resurfaced. After so many resurfacings it is a good idea to replace it.