Need Grill Emblem Opinions - Car Vandalized

suryo

Founding Member
Mar 29, 2001
Orange Park, FL
Ok, so my car gets vandalized AGAIN! The first time, someone took the side emblem off my car. Luckily they didn't do any damage, just the emblem. So now my front Cobra Emblem gets ripped out. They just bent the thing up and down until it came out, screws and everything. So now the holes that the screws go into are stripped and I have to buy bigger torx screws. If anyone has had this happen to them, if you could email to give me ideas on what you did to fix it.

I just think some people are such idiots when they can't leave a car alone and just buy the emblem for $20. I'm just lucky that they didn't do anything too bad, just taking the emblems. So now I was wondering what I should do and wanted opinions.

Which emblem should I buy? Another Cobra, the SVT emblem, or the SVT Cobra one? I'm kind of liking the SVT Cobra one to be different and it will fill up the grill better. But the lazy and cheap part of me wants to just stick the pony back on there so hopefully it won't get stolen again.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Sponsors (?)

should get some apex screws to hold it on, not like every thief carries apex head screwdrivers lol :)

you probably park your car in the street? if u havent already, u should call the cops and let them know a repeat thief keeps coming through the neighborhood so they might increase their presence in the area.

ya i agree with the apex screws. but if i were you i would hunt the little **** down that did that, then beat him to a pulp and get my stuff back. someone at my school keyed a few cars, and on one of them he left fingerprints on, so he got screwed when the car was finger printed. lol but from what i understand u need to get it fingerprinted pretty fast.

I actually do have a garage. I bought a house after the first incident. They were 2 seperate situations, so I know it's not the same person. The first incident happened when I lived in an apt. and I did report it to the police. I got the ol' we'll file a report, etc.

I really don't know when the 2nd incident happened, since I just didn't notice it until one day. But I think it happened when I went out to a bar or something. I only drive the car on weekend and a few times a week. Either way, I hope the individuals who did it get whats coming to them. What goes around comes around.

I actually have tried the no emblem look, and I just can't warm up to it. Looks too empty. Maybe I'll get one of those things to fill in the whole grill.