Need Heater Control Cable For 89 Car, Who's Got One?

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I am trying to put my dash back together after the heater core replacement, and the cable wouldn't allow me to turn the control all the way to full cool. So,...I decided to modify the cable and shorten it.

It's garbage now.

So now I need another cable. Anybody got one I can buy? I need it like yesterday.

• Sponsors (?)

Dude yesterday morning I took my whole heater system to the dump... It was EVERYTHING from the firewall to the back of the control knobs... Every vac line and cable

I got the heater control cable Friday.
Just need to vent about the experience that relates from doing business w/ Mustangs Unlimited.

As I said in my reply,...I ordered it Sunday night right after getting the link from Allen.

I immediately get a confirmation reply via email.

These guys ship outta Atlanta,...a distance that is covered by UPS ground in one day, as I repeatedly get all my stuff from Summit shipped from the same city by the next day.

But I don't get it Tuesday.
Or Wednesday,
Or Thursday.

I call them and they tell me that they tried to run my card on Monday and it was declined, so they waited two days and re ran it on Wednesday and that day it was approved.

( Strange I think, considering that the debit account that the card number is tied to has had the same 2400.00 in it since the week before, right up till the day the transaction was magically approved)

I tell dude that that is BullDoogers, and that there has been money in that account forever, (certainly the 27.00 the cable costs, but this time ,..that amount times nearly 100.) He gets p issy w/ me and says it'll go out either tonight (Thursday) or tomorrow, and I'll have it either Friday or Monday. I reply in my best p issy voice it better go out today,...lest I'll talk bad about him and his B/S business practices.
It went out that night.

I'm still gonna talk bad about him.

The fact that he decided to put it back on me, and claim that the transaction was declined is the reason my feathers are ruffled....Lyin' prick. Even if it was incorrectly transposed (by them) I'd still expect him to own up and admit it as they clearly managed to figure it out and get it shipped.

No More doing business w/ that guy.

But,the cable was still too long,...and I still had to cut it down to size to make it work. I don't know what the dealio is, but the cable was too long to allow the heater control to fully close the flap against the bottom of the heater core and allow straight vent air to pass through the heater plenum. It's fixed now though.:banana:

This whole damn thing over a stupid heater core,...plugged up w/ bars leak.

But here's the new one,...all modificated, for the -10 heater hoses I use,...ready to go back in.
mustangbuild473.jpg

Hopefully,...I won't have to do this crap anytime soon again.

Anyome ever thought of using the evaporator as a heater core? I only ask this because im trying to plug the hole for my eater core because that hole is easy to plug with a rubber plug but the hole with the evaporator is another story so i ask if anyone's done this i know youd have to cut the end off one side and get longer hoses but j think its possible