need help answering question

MyBloodRunsBlue

Feb 1, 2007
ok, we are about to drop my motor back into the car but we are still trying to figure out one thing...i am most likely going to go with a 3.125 pulley for my car but i took out the ac due to some problems with it....can i run my pulley setup w/o an ac pulley and just bypass it or do i have to get a ac delete kit??? if i don't, what size belt would i be looking at if the ac was completely deleted w/ no replacement???? i know not many people have this done so any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Buy the delete pulley. I don't think u can route around it b/c of the way the tensioner works. I just put one on my car and it was like 30 bucks. Has a plastic pulley on it though. Works ok so far.....(bought the cheaper one from summitt).

im with squeaks i got mine from ford racing for 50$ but im pretty sure you need the ac delete because there is your belt tensioner there and a couple of idlers im gonna double check my 03 its probally easier to get the delete kit and probally start with 1" shorter than stock and go from there i also reccomednd a gatorback ive had no slipping problems with it to date