Roush Need Help ASAP!!!!!!!!

saleensc281

Sep 26, 2004
Got a question for you guys, I hope that you all can help or at least point me in the right direction. Ok here is what I did, since I blew up my engine in my 02 Saleen, supercharged, I replaced it with a 03 GT longblock. Well since I sold my blower to my buddie, I took his ECU from his 02 GT. The reason for that was beacuse I want to break it in N/A before I put the blower on!!!! Well since Saleen reflashes there ECU for the roots blower and the 30lb injectors, I took his ECU, like I said above! Both ECUs have the same serial number on them as well. Well I went to start the car and she acts like she wants to turn over but she does not. I ran the code and came up with P1260,which happens to be the theft code, so therefore the engine is not getting fuel, so it wont start. Does anyone know why or how this happend and how to bypass it or fix the problem. I am using my 02 wiring harness and everythng, the only differance is the 03 longblock and the stock ECU of the 02 GT. Please let me know ASAP!!!!!!!! Thanks Jake :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

That is a new one for me with the saleen. The first thing I think of when I hear "theft code" is that the ecu switch threw off some theft device that protects your car from someone trying to steal it. My old 350Z had this and the car wouldn't start just like you mentioned above.

I would try putting back your old ecu and see what happens. Also, what happens when your friend trys to start his car?

Since you put in a different processor, the communication link between the pats, cluster and processor is gone. All three need to be programed to be able to (talk) to each other. You can take the car to the dealer and they can reflash the system.