need help! fast!!

striped

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2002
i just installed the supercharger and it idles fine. 1-2 k it kinda studders, it also dose that when crusing at 60. There is a nock (detination probably) at 6 or 7 k. There is also a very quit nock at idle. whats going on guys???

chris

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you just need a tune. Some higher octane gas would probably take care of the knocking until you get her tuned. As to the stuttering... can you be a bit more descriptive? With an install as complicated as that one, it could be almost anything.....

Do yourself a favor and stop taking it up to 7k, though. :)

DanM said:
Sounds like you just need a tune. Some higher octane gas would probably take care of the knocking until you get her tuned. As to the stuttering... can you be a bit more descriptive? With an install as complicated as that one, it could be almost anything.....

Do yourself a favor and stop taking it up to 7k, though. :)

haha,i only took it there one time,just to see. the stuttering its like it looses all power but stays running...also half the time it feels as tho its NA. Could all this be a leak in the tubing? Also when i let off the gas there is a very lous swooshing sound.

chris

UPDATE....
well after looking i only took it up to 5k..i thought 6 was the redline. There is moister coming out the tail pipe???and coolent just keeps coming out of the resavoir...dose any one know whats going on?

chris

well first off depending on the supercharger u got ur car is supposed to be specially tuned before u even use it or problems ie wat ur discribing will accur and after u tune it if it still feels like its n/a that will be just some minor adjustments with supercharger timing and stuff no big deal really

kylehawk said:
well first off depending on the supercharger u got ur car is supposed to be specially tuned before u even use it or problems ie wat ur discribing will accur and after u tune it if it still feels like its n/a that will be just some minor adjustments with supercharger timing and stuff no big deal really

I got my chip done so i wouldnt have to get a tune...justin from v6power.net did it and from what i heard hes the best.

chris

I think a tune or a reburnt chip is in your future. I thought Fordchip was the best?? Although I do hear good things about the SCT chips. Anyways, you have some bugs to work out of your system.

Edit-just a thought but coolant boiling over in the resovoir??isn't that a sign its overheating??

striped said:
UPDATE....
well after looking i only took it up to 5k..i thought 6 was the redline. There is moister coming out the tail pipe???and coolent just keeps coming out of the resavoir...dose any one know whats going on?

chris
What do you mean by coolant keeps 'coming out' of the reservoir?? Do you mean (a) it's overflowing out of the reservoir, or (b) the level in the reservoir is dropping?

If it's (a), you have some kind of overheating issue.

If it's (b), and you have moisture in your exhaust, then congratulations, you just blew a headgasket.

DanM said:
What do you mean by coolant keeps 'coming out' of the reservoir?? Do you mean (a) it's overflowing out of the reservoir, or (b) the level in the reservoir is dropping?

If it's (a), you have some kind of overheating issue.

If it's (b), and you have moisture in your exhaust, then congratulations, you just blew a headgasket.

yes i know i have an overheating issue...the moisture was condonsation from sitting for a season.

EDIT.the overheating issue is very weird....the top pipe is full of fluid while the radiator is cool to the touch...if i half way open the cap to the radiator the system is cooled down to normal, is this a thermostat problem?
chris

98CobraClone said:
mail order chips are never right.......I had 3 different mail order chips from fordchip.com and they never got it right. I had to get a dyno tune.......just a heads up
Most sensible thing anyone here's said.

Justin is good, and SCT chips are great, but there's a limit to what some guy 2000 miles away can do without seeing your car on a dyno.

DanM said:
Most sensible thing anyone here's said.

Justin is good, and SCT chips are great, but there's a limit to what some guy 2000 miles away can do without seeing your car on a dyno.

Ya,justin has been great helping me with it. He has spent at least an hour helping me with all the vacume stuff....so far its bucking has almost stopped, im just its just somthing really small and stupid that i still have to fix.

EDIT:how exactly do i bleed the cooling system for air pockets??

chris

Easy, ladies... :) I too thought little of a mail order chip for a blown mustang, but Justin hooked me up for sure. My SCT chip has been flawless. It restored my idle to near perfect and I have ZERO detonation all the way to redline. No overheating issues at all and no problems in general to speak of. He nailed my chip dead nuts on the first time and also for the same setup on another vortech'd V6 I know of. If you are experiencing problems, I am sure that since Justin has programmed his share of chips for blown V6s so you probably had other issues present that the blower just magnified. Just an eductaed guess.

How is the troubleshooting coming?