Engine Need help: heater hose routing for 92 2.3 liter

SpeedLobo

Dec 20, 2019
USA
I am stumped and could use help ...
I just replaced the heater core on my 92 2.3 liter. Now, I'm trying to unravel the hose routing from the engine to the core. My specific question is, I can see where the temp sensor housing goes inline (between thermostat and core), what I'm not seeing is where the heater valve goes (or does it)? I have part number E25Y18D371A for the valve. It looks like it would go inline before or after the temp sensor.
Guidance and / or pics of a working system would sure help.

• Sponsors(?)

stormsedge

Jun 17, 2018
Here
I am stumped and could use help ...
I just replaced the heater core on my 92 2.3 liter. Now, I'm trying to unravel the hose routing from the engine to the core. My specific question is, I can see where the temp sensor housing goes inline (between thermostat and core), what I'm not seeing is where the heater valve goes (or does it)? I have part number E25Y18D371A for the valve. It looks like it would go inline before or after the temp sensor.
Guidance and / or pics of a working system would sure help.

I believe that model has a "blend door" vice a heater valve...look up under the passenger dash for the cable that comes from you dash temp control---it should connect to a lever operating the door. Alternatively, try to remember what the inside of the heater box looked like when you had the core out---you probably saw the door then (noting that the temp control cable may actually connect on the heater box under the hood. Happy hunting.

stormsedge

Jun 17, 2018
Here
Note...the later models have a blend door actuator motor that sits on the heater box...sort of a pancake looking box, maybe 3 inches square---I think yours has a cable.