Need help or advice

So I have a 79 ford mustang 302 5.0 and just recently replaced the brake light switch. Now and I'm pretty sure before replacing the switch. I blow fuses and its load. What can I do?

• Sponsors (?)

billison

I like tinted tail
10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
What fuze is bowing?

You likely have a short. You need to chase it down. You have a multimeter

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Start at the brake light bulbs and trace it towards the front.

What does the fuse go to?
The fuse is for the brake lights. I have followed tje wires from the trunk(the brake lamps) to under the dash and from the switch to under the dash. Once under the dash I lose both sets of wires. Nothing seems to be out of place or damage.T h is blowing fuse nightmare is new. It has never done this until recently.

The fuse is for the brake lights. I have followed tje wires from the trunk(the brake lamps) to under the dash and from the switch to under the dash. Once under the dash I lose both sets of wires. Nothing seems to be out of place or damage.T h is blowing fuse nightmare is new. It has never done this until recently.
And yes I have a multimeter.

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
There is another thread around here about chasing a short :thinking:
let me see if I can find it.

This is kind of a crazy question. In order for me to switch to a 4 bbl carb , do I have to get a new intake manifold or will it fit on the stock manifold. Currently I have a 2 bbl. I'm have trouble finding a C.A.R.B. intake manifold. I can find C.A.R.B. 4 bbl carb it's made by edlebrock. I even e- mailed edlbrock to see if they made one , haven't got a response . Should I just get the carb and go with a non CARB intake manifold. I would appreciate any response and thanks for everything. I want more horse power!

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
You would need an adapter to go 4 bbl on a 2 bbl intake, it also would not gain much hp. Most of the major retailers like Summit and Jegs have a on line chat feature, also look for '50 state compliance ' or 'off road use only' statements in the fine print. I positive they make an intake that will work for you.

Mustang5L5

Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts