Need help with my AODE!

DaveL

Founding Member
May 10, 2001
NYC
Lately I've been having some problems with my AODE shifting on my 94GT. When it's cold the tranny has problems shifting into 3rd gear, it'll rev up 1k more then back down 1k. Sometimes it'll also do it around 50 or 60 mph when everything is at normal running temp. Whenever it does this there's a loss of power and the tranny won't shift up but actually shifts down. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

DaveL said:
Lately I've been having some problems with my AODE shifting on my 94GT. When it's cold the tranny has problems shifting into 3rd gear, it'll rev up 1k more then back down 1k. Sometimes it'll also do it around 50 or 60 mph when everything is at normal running temp. Whenever it does this there's a loss of power and the tranny won't shift up but actually shifts down. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks.

Have you been giving it regular fluid changes? Filter changes?

Is the fluid discoloured?

I have the tranny flushed approximately every 30,000 miles along with a filter change. The tranny was just flushed last month and before it was flushed I was told the fluid was still in good condition. Fluid level is fine as well.

if i didnt mention it, i suck at slushboxes. but, i do read the aod threads occasionally when im in the mood to learn about them. doesnt that sound like the converter is slipping? i dont know if the computer gets codes for the aode, but it makes sense that it would. try it for kicks. (i dont get aod's to start with. add in a computer, and all bets are off. LOL).
i might try searching threads for stuff like that. as i recall, Mustang John knew a lot about the aode and helped a lot of people. i havent seen him recently. if you can find him, maybe try a pm. i dunno. sorry. bump.

HISSIN50 said:
if i didnt mention it, i suck at slushboxes. but, i do read the aod threads occasionally when im in the mood to learn about them. doesnt that sound like the converter is slipping? i dont know if the computer gets codes for the aode, but it makes sense that it would. try it for kicks. (i dont get aod's to start with. add in a computer, and all bets are off. LOL).
i might try searching threads for stuff like that. as i recall, Mustang John knew a lot about the aode and helped a lot of people. i havent seen him recently. if you can find him, maybe try a pm. i dunno. sorry. bump.

Thanks for the info. I brought it over to a tranny guy that works on Fords alot and he said it's probably the overdrive servo that needs to be replaced. Tomorrow I'm bringing it to someone else for a second opinion.