Need opinion on Shaker 1000/500...

• Sponsors (?)

I have been in cars with both and the 1000 has a lot more bass if that is what you are interested in. I got the 500 and it is just as loud and clear but with less bass. Both good sounding radio's, but as I have read in this forum there have been some problems with both.

I've also listened to both and I went with the 1000. I did that because I'm too lazy and cheap to go to a shop and have them install an amp and speakers even though for the money, I could have gotten a lot better equipment.

Believe it or not I pretty much agree to the above posts. Just want to add some additional info. This head unit is almost as bad as the rest of the low budget garbage that Ford suckered me into buying. This is the WORST 6 disc factory CD changer I ever owned. It takes 20 minutes just to unload and reload a cd. If your ordering a car do yourself a BIG FAVOR. Do not order this stereo. I got ripped off but you don't have to. It is by far the worst part of the interior of this car. Pure Trash.

I replaced the stock radio with a shaker 1000, havent done and amp or subs yet. I did it because as others have said I think an aftermarket unit wouldnt look right because the stock head units are soo freakin large.
the 1000 produces decent sound I swapped out the stock speakers as well with 6x8 pionneers in the back and 5.25s in the front. I am getting rid of the 5.25s and replacing them with 6x8s because the 5.25s do not fit well.

I never said the head unit was ugly. As a matter of fact if I upgrade my stereo I will KEEP the stock head unit even though it is a piece of TRASH. The weakest point of the stereo is not the head unit but the garbage speakers low budget amplifiers that are used. Keep the head unit an install at least one QUALITY amp like JL Audio and install ONE PAIR of first rate speakers in the doors.Focal Seperates are my favorite but MB Quarts will do. If anyone is under the illusion that the stock stereo is actually "pretty good" then meet me at the Brooklyn Bridge. Ford took your money when they suckered you into that stereo now its MY turn!!

all together now,,, big snore..ZZZZZZZZZZ

ExCon said:
Believe it or not I pretty much agree to the above posts. Just want to add some additional info. This head unit is almost as bad as the rest of the low budget garbage that Ford suckered me into buying. This is the WORST 6 disc factory CD changer I ever owned. It takes 20 minutes just to unload and reload a cd. If your ordering a car do yourself a BIG FAVOR. Do not order this stereo. I got ripped off but you don't have to. It is by far the worst part of the interior of this car. Pure Trash.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz :bs:

Excon or anyone else-I no nothing on stereo electronics, so excuse the ignorance.

I was talking w/ an after mkt installer about how much good ugrading speakers on the shaker would do w/o replacing the head unit. He said the question to answer is the ohms the speakers pull. He said that good speakers wood pull 4 ohms whereas most oem units are wired for 2 ohms.

Anyone know what this unit does relative to the speaker ohms?